Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2005 Tripometer states "ILL.5"

I just got a new 2005 LTD sedan and so far a love it. I'm at about 1700 miles and every so often, the tripometer will change it's display and state "ILL.5" the 5 could be an S I guess. So either "ILL.S" or "ILL.5". To me it almost seems like a programming easter egg, does anyone have any clue what this is? The regular odometer stays as it should, just the tripometer changes and it is very sporatic...

I just got a new 2005 LTD sedan and so far a love it. I'm at about 1700 miles and every so often, the tripometer will change it's display and state "ILL.5" the 5 could be an S I guess. So either "ILL.S" or "ILL.5". To me it almost seems like a programming easter egg, does anyone have any clue what this is? The regular odometer stays as it should, just the tripometer changes and it is very sporatic...

It stands for Illumination Level 5. You have 5 levels of Illumination for the dash lights. The dimmer they are the lower the number, with 5 being the highest. Your illumination knob might be sitting in between 4 and 5 and sometimes changing to 5.

Keith

Thank you so much, it sounds like something may be tripping it. Now at least I know what is going on, I thought my brain was going ILL...

It stands for Illumination Level 5. You have 5 levels of Illumination for the dash lights. The dimmer they are the lower the number, with 5 being the highest. Your illumination knob might be sitting in between 4 and 5 and sometimes changing to 5.

Keith

Well being from MI and living in MT and CO, I've driven through IL enough...Part of me wishes it was an easter egg from Subaru for how "ILL" my new LTD is...

It could have been worse, you might have been .5 miles from Illinois!!! :lol: