Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4 head lights, 2 head lights

Hey, question.

I noticed that my 88 wagon gl, has 4 head lights (2 high-2lows). Much like my sons 84 subaru...

I noticed that an 87 wagon on the web site has one set on each side (high and low under same glass.) sealed beams.

Was the front of my wagon replaced? (bought used of course) or did 88's come with the 4 head lights up front..

I always thought the front wrap around sealed head lights were better looking.... as I bought 88 sight unseen I kind of expected those style of lights?

Not complaining as nice car... but just curious.

looks like your lights were "upgraded" to the DL lights :)

I was gonna dothat to my 87 GL,but nevergot around to it.... then sold it

Hey, question.

I noticed that my 88 wagon gl, has 4 head lights (2 high-2lows). Much like my sons 84 subaru...

I noticed that an 87 wagon on the web site has one set on each side (high and low under same glass.) sealed beams.

Was the front of my wagon replaced? (bought used of course) or did 88's come with the 4 head lights up front..

I always thought the front wrap around sealed head lights were better looking.... as I bought 88 sight unseen I kind of expected those style of lights?

Not complaining as nice car... but just curious.

I've switched back and forth between quads and single composite a few times on my 3-door. I just can't decide which I like better. BTW its an easy switch but if you pick up quads at your local JY, don't forget to get the small fairing pieces that fill the gaps when you remove the single composites.

Gravityman: I'm not sure I've ever seen hi/low sealed beams of that size - I think most hi/low sealed beams are larger. Now that you've put the thought in my head though, I would maybe replace the single lows with hi/lows so that when you switch to hi beams you would have 4 lights on!

If your composite single headlights are getting condensation inside, you most likely have a crack in the glass lens somewhere. I've had this problem several times over the years and when I closely inspected the suspect lens I've always found a crack!

Now that you've put the thought in my head though, I would maybe replace the single lows with hi/lows so that when you switch to hi beams you would have 4 lights on!

DO IT DO IT! I want to see pictures of this also!!! That would be awsome!!! Even better convert both inside and outside lights to hi/lows!:brow: That would rock!!!