Ultimate Subaru Message Board

can an ej25 engine from a 2.5rs fit an a RX engine bay?

eddygordouk

i was wondering if such a conversion could work, and would it be efficient or anything? i could also use a bit of my friends stromung exhaust which greatly helps the engine. i was intrested cuz it would be an NA conversion for me and i greatly desire that for such a light car. :brow:

Use the same method for putting an EJ22 in an EA82 car and swap in the EJ25. Should work well. Where you gonna find a EJ25 for cheap though?

haha cool. its sorta a downward spiral proccess it seems. my friend is gettin an sti engine for his wrx. then my other friend of ours found out who has a 2001 last production old styl 2.5rs and wants the wrx engine thatll come out so he can have a sorta...old school wrx haha. so then i was thinkin hmmm y not take his ej25 since it would make my car haul :brow:. it already has a cobb cold air intake and fll stromung exhaust and is rated aroun 185 or sumthin around there. id do abit more so i can have about 200hp but id be laughin every minute i drive. i want it nooow now now.