Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCCS7 pretty cool!

we broke down after the "big" jump. Had a blast and I'll definitely come back next year. Also I didn't realize there was so many lifted subaru's up north we should all get together and do some more trail runs .

Shade it was good to meet you and see your car , and I agree we need to orginize a few more offroad meets, I will be going to Sandlake Oregan on the 22 & 23 August , Sorry i missed the big jump, what gave out? Scott

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT PLACE WAS AWESOME!!!!! tons of trails and great people to share my hobby with. and i walked away with one busted headlight, one tire blown off the rim, and a right front fender bent up a bit. non-lifted wagons CAN do things offroad, just so everyone knows. thanks for the great time everyone!!!!!!

~Josh~

HAHAHA yeah that was HILARIOUS! I gave you a ride back to get your spare, that was great though. I'll try to get pics and vid of that on tomorrow.

Oh Shady... who was the dude driving the wagon when it went? He was pretty cool, I got to hang out with him after you hit for the hotel saturday night.

I wasnt there to see the jump, but i saw video :)

Here's a pic of the carnage:

DSCN7283.jpg

I saw the strut, and it was pretty mangled... looks like the spring was compressed and then the strut had bent preventing it from expanding.

And All Talk, I didn't realize that was you I was chatting with that whole time durring the show. It was nice exhanging idea's, i think Im going to incorporate some of what you said into my scoop design. Next year, you should bring your RX. Other than mine, I only saw 1. He wasnt there long and didnt show his car though.

-Brian

Hey Brain, Yep it was me, I always feel silly introducing myself by my screen name. It was great to meet you and chat about stuff. I kinda wish I had brought the RX, the SS looks real good (the RX is a bit of a beater) but the RX is a lot more fun and I could have taken it out in the dirt.

Gary

What a blast! It was great to meet everyone ! Yea I think my '03 OBW survived the brushing . I got it washed looks pretty good! I had so much fun on that orv trail it was awesome! I need pics guys!

Thanks to all the volunteers, vendors who got this years show up and going!

8346Climb2-med.jpg

The family wagon is hard core!

Who was that guy that showed us the video of the jump/subie destruction in progress?

That might have been me if it was from my little hand held digital camera! That was my business partner driving the car (Albie) he's not all to computer literate yet but I'll make him a member of the board now that we have the internet at the shop. Anyways heres the damage report from the jump..... Drum roll please.

One broken rear hatch, Broken right rear strut and front strut, one bent control arm and a wasted strut.... Not to bad and thanks to the subie community we got it back on the road and repaired for $60 and a few hammers. Thanks guys :rolleyes:

Actually, that used to be one of my RX's, now owned by Subeguy. I was the guy talking with Subeguy when you walked up.

I left my RX at home (it only has front seats for racing) and brought two Legacy Turbo Sport Sedans and my offroad GL wagon.

Yeah, driving lights and 14" pugs. I talked to the owner for a second, but didnt exchange nicknames :) Didnt even know it was XSNRG.

All Talk, its okay if the RX is a beater... make it look good for next years show. Maybe we will have a chance to race eachother.

-Brian

I had a great time, thanks to Qman, Eric, Corky, Richie and all the great sponsors and vendors that they lined up.I got home today and just keep thinking about the show despite going thru the Columbia River Gorge area, Yellowstone, and various really amazing sites on the trip.

All of you that wimped out cuz your project wasnt ready are truly wimps. Bring some other car or get a ride from somebody else thats going next time as showing off your work is only a very small percentage of the reward of coming. I should know, twice I have left a project or two behind that I would have rather showed off, this year one I put almost 200 hours into in hopes of getting some appreciating nods from the true believers but instead I brought the girlfriend's 97 Outback. Ej22 converted outbacks arent exactly jaw dropping but man did it run FANTASTIC all the way.

I could have bailed cuz the Vanagon wouldn't cooperate but I really would have missed out and theres always next year, maybe by then I won't have the only Vanagon at the meet.

I even got the worst case of food poisoning I have ever had on this trip, and it kept me from being there Friday night but it would have have to have been contagious in order to make me skip Saturday and Sunday for sure. That Blue SVX with the 5spd conversion, hood scoop, etc, was a knockout and Jerry's Cragar wheel and exhaust system up the rockers was sweet. If I could afford to I would go every year just to see what Jerry's going to show off and that'd only be 1/100'th of the cool factor.

Thoughts of putting together a big meet in Colorado are brewing and what inspiration. It would be an accomplishment to see folks from WCSS and the East coast at the same meet.

Thank you for a great weekend.

Well, another WCSS in the books. As usual, had a great time hanging with old and meeting new Subie friends (I'm not much of a high-profile kind of guy, but I was wearing the big cowboy hat most of the time).

Many, many thanks to those that worked hard to make it work. Without them, none of this would not even be close to possible. It makes a 1500 mile trip in a 23 year old, non air-conditioned station wagon loaded with "stuff" a pleasure, all to be mostly an "attendee" or "participant".

Thanks guys:clap: :clap: :clap: .

I wish that I wasn't too busy with registration to see the show, I'm sure that I missed a lot. I do want the thank Monica for sitting in for me when mother nature called. If I do it again next year, I'm going to want some volunteers to run the registration in shifts, so everyone will have a chance to see the show. Thanks really goes to Ken and Eric for doing all the behind the sceens leg work that brought the show together, without them the show wouldn't have happened. Also like to thank Tex for setting up and maintaining the WCSS 7 web site, that sure made pre-registration easy. And to Richie for taking care of the shirts and handing out the glasses. I'm sure that there were many others in the back ground who help, like Ken's wife who did the registration data cards for the show. To all the helped bring this show off, thanks.

The Footage is up it is on the front page of the website www.alliedarmament.homestead.com it should automatically load. :brow:

Actually, that used to be one of my RX's, now owned by Subeguy. I was the guy talking with Subeguy when you walked up.

I left my RX at home (it only has front seats for racing) and brought two Legacy Turbo Sport Sedans and my offroad GL wagon.