Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northern New England/NY,etc. Meet???

It's a 5 hour ride from my place,maybe more.Konrad,if you want to ride up along with us we will probably go up Friday night and stay somewhere not too far from Burke.Maybe camp Saturday and drive back Sunday afternoon.

See you soon.

hey Paul, sounds great:)

from where i'll be staying its like a up to 3 hours drive, and i think my legacy will make it, it made it from NH to PA, 500 miles in 2 days :brow: , so if You'll come out with a precise date i'll see what i could do with my plane ticket.

thanks guys, take care

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, All!

I just registered to the board and saw a New England thread. So, I just thought I'd say hi.

I'm in Boston. Not having much luck finding a Subaru Forester Owner's Group. I saw a Web site indicating I missed a gathering in June, but not much I can do about that now.

Anybody with info on a Boston club or similar, feel free to email or PM me.

Thanks!

ok i'm pretty sure someone has said this but i'm to tired to go back and read every thing.

is there trails close by that we can take our subies on.got an e-mail back from kingdom trails an they said all there trails are for non-motorvehical use.:(

Mike,didn't you say there's lots of trails near you in NH?

I'll make arrangements to be with you guys at least one day.Maybe shoot for the Friday night campsite,nice long day of riding and of course,the climb to the top of Burke.

I'll be back home in a week.

Then I'll do campground booking, trail finding, ect.

Anyone else interested in doing some research, please do, and post it here.

I have no event organization experience, so I'm hoping enough people will show up and we will find things to do so it will not suck. Lets make it a good time for all.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=2&S=11&Z=19&X=706&Y=12349&W=1&qs=%7cgranby%7cvermont%7c

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=19&X=1413&Y=24698&W=1&qs=%7cgranby%7cvermont%7c

voom out one bar(maybe) in the pic is mud pond and the gravel pit

there's a small town called granby.it's about 15-20 mins away from e.burke.

just a little past granby is a gravel pit and if i'm seeing what i think i'm seeing.some unpaved roads around that area.plus going up the road to the gravel pit you pass by a place called MUD pond.:brow: i don't think i'd try doing a water crossing though

gonna see if i can contact someone in granby to see if the roads that are unpaved are open to the public,not to mention the gravel pit.

will keep this updated

Nellie Noble, 802-328-3611-town clerk.will try and contact her for info.by what i read,granby has a small population(1970=58 people)

I'm out. :banghead:

Got the new (to me) Subie, but the wife decided she wants to spend the entire week back home, visiting family ('cause it's been a while since we've visited). Problem is, she's right... well, that, and my dad has enough projects built up to keep me busy helping him for quite a while.

Don't be surprised, however, if I do show up. Our family visits tend to be like mixing diesel fuel with air, compressing it within a small area... and usually, somebody ends up adding in a hot spot with their temper. Once that flare up starts, we probably won't stick around... if it happens before the weekend, I'll try to talk her into heading out to the meet for Sat. & Sun.

OK I'm in.

My son and I will camp out Friday night and possibly Saturday night either with you guys or in Grafton for an overnight at our friend's place.

So,Saturday,I'd like to do the hillclimb,take some pics,veg out for a few seconds,then sometime during the day we can hit some trails.....???? sound good to you guys?

Hey guys,if I may just step in here for a moment please,let's get some affirmation,per favore.

So,we're getting together to A-Meet and show off,hang out....B-Hillclimb Burke Mtn. just to do it,see the view.....and C-do some 4Wheeling.....and yes,I know we said biking too.All cool for me,but my desires are more to do the hillclimb and 4wheel some trails if possible.

+++Do we have definite logging roads,etc. that we know we can use(4Wheeling) without causing anyone to get upset?+++

If I go biking with you guys I'd need to bring my son,so that's probably going to be scratched off the list for me.

Me,I'm Paul and my son Luc will be with me.It's be nice to know some real names beforehand.If you're internet shy then feel free to email or just introduce onsite.Let's see how many we have and keep this thread pumping along.

BTW,don't fret on not having organized anything,etc. It's just a few whacko Subathusiasts looking for cheap thrills.Save the wine and cheese,trophies,etc.

Looking forward to the reward of being in the Kingdom and just getting some relaxation and of course the cheap thrills involved.

Subie94, get your lifting parts, so we can have a lifting party :-p

right now,the only way i'm getting my lifting parts is if i get approved for the loan i just applied for. :brow: ($1500.) i'm crossing my fingers(an toes)

if it does go through then maybe i'll get some stuff from mudrat

:( i was denied :( so it looks like i'll have to start saving up.

I'm back.

I will look into reserving campsites if possible. How many should I reserve?

I'm thinking minimum of 3, but I don't want to be paying for empty ones.

4x4 ing trails. I have no Idea. We need a local to say where some are. Looking on topo maps for 4WD or Class 6 roads are good ways of finding legal spots.

Looks like we're in... with the Baja. I found a few promising inns nearby, they're still at lower summer rates... our old bones need a Serta under them and if hiking is involved the whirlpool will definitely come in handy :)

What about breakfast, lunch, dinner and such?

well i contacted the town clerk of granby,small town near by(18-20min drive).was told by her that pretty much any 4WD or Class 6 roads.had to explain what they are.some that she knows of are not owned by the town an the owners would have to be contacted for permission.but by what she tells me,pretty much of granby is unpaved:brow: .

as far as the gravel pit that's there near mud pond,i got the address of the company that ownes it an if i get the time with in the next couple of days,i'll write them a letter and see if i can get permission for us to enter it and use it.

she's also gonna send me a town map with all the local roads that are open to the public.when i get it i'll take a look see an tell you guys(an gals) what's up with the off-road situation.

will update you all.

peters zaun (i believe she said peters,not peter.can't remember)

822 old farm road

west burke,vermont 05871

that's the owners address (of the gravel pit)if anyone wants to beat me to the punch an write to him,go ahead

for dinner I can supply a grill and charcoal. BYOB, cause I ain't 21 yet. Thanks subie94, checking out the trails rocks. I'll see how much food I can pack in. My wagon's out of commision right now, but WILL be running and offroading by september 1st. So that gives me 10 days to get it road happy. And Seahag, should I invite Slice? I'm sure he'd love to come.

Thanks subie94, checking out the trails rocks. .

i tried to get the guys number(the one that ownes the pit,but it must be unlisted)still got enough time to write him.maybe i'll give that a try,but seeing that the town clerk i talked to said she doesn't think he'll allow us due to insurance reasons.

:banghead: will keep you all posted

for dinner I can supply a grill and charcoal. BYOB, cause I ain't 21 yet. Thanks subie94, checking out the trails rocks. I'll see how much food I can pack in. My wagon's out of commision right now, but WILL be running and offroading by september 1st. So that gives me 10 days to get it road happy. And Seahag, should I invite Slice? I'm sure he'd love to come.

Sure! Slice would certainly liven things up! I always tell him he's my favorite nephew (BTW, he's my only nephew).

By the way, I need some help here with this '78... timing's borked, it's backfiring at the carb and tailpipe. Tim's at the end of his rope.. he's ready to shoot it... if he doesn't, then I will. Think you and Bri could straighten this thing out? I know you're busy, but... Tim's too close to it right now and the frustration level is off the chart. Let me know!