Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northern New England/NY,etc. Meet???

I haven't had time to search for campgrounds and make reservations, what with pushing to get my car on the road, and working. Parties too. But I will. Soon . My car will be registered 2morrow, and I have 10 days to get it inspected. I have to bleed the breaks again and finish the rust repair. When the car's all legal, I'll see what I can do.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, whats up? I know that it was my MTN biking thread that spured this location/idea, but I will not be able to say yes/no until possibly the last minute. I'm not scared of any USMB people:-p, It's just that I am very unsure of my schedule right now. Take care,

Kevin

i'm IN

now just gotta see about reserving a site at campgrounds

and i take it we'll meet up at where again? (campgrounds,ball park that's in the pic of burke.it's in one of my post in this thread)

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=19&X=1332&Y=24707&W=1&qs=%7cburke%7cvt

upper right hand corner of pic

waiting for the town map of granby (next town over,map i got online showed alot of unpaved roads) i asked for last week,this way we'll know what roads we can use

Darn, I wanted to make this one but I don't think I would be able to stand a 12 hour round trip drive from Maine :( .I'll keep my eyes open for some meets farther up north.

Good luck on that one.I know there's plenty of off roading in Maine,and that huge killer mud event that I just missed last year.

THere's an outside chance I might make a run up to Milt's near Machias sometime before the overnights hit freezing.

Yeah,we'd really like to be living somewhere around Bangor or eastward along the shoreline.I'll make it up there again this year or next.I try to hit the yards in not-so-Freeport,miss Junkyard Gabe again :lol: ,then head northward.

Downeast has plenty of older Subarus still dotting the roads.I saw a few sweet EA81 and EA82's.More of them where the earnings are lesser.Lots of thrifty New Englanders.Kind of like a little Vermont in Maine.:)

I wish I could just hop in the car and make all these trips,but I do indeed get to a few.Any excuse to see northern New England helps.Much healthier than life down here.

Hey,how's the yards for older Subarus up your way?? Any longtime specialty shops or 70's cars sitting around?

J/Y Gabe wiorks at the second yard on the left in Freeport,down Alling Ridge Rd I think it is.But the yard before his has a lot of older interesting vehicles,and they keep them there,not crush them.Gabe's yard is notable for EA81,82,Legacy stuff.Both recommended.

Clue us in on any good yards.We'll make a list of favorites in New England and occasionally meet at them as we can.

Cheers,

Paul

I would love to have another Soob enthusiast in Bangor!!:banana:I have seen a few older Subarus around here, one DL I in good condition for $750 that I was thinking about buying. Lots of Loyales, GLs ec. but haven't seen many early Subarus. I am having a tough time finding good yards up here, most of them are NOT pick and pull and usually don't even let you go in the yard to look around. I did find one in Milford that you can walk around the yard but I only saw an early Legacy or two and most of the cars there were trashed beyond salvage.

I was actually down in Freeport visiting my friend, I wanted to stop in to a few junk yards there and in Palmyra, but I didn't have time to check anything out. That junk yard meeting idea is great, I am always looking to explore new yards!

Bump for New England/northern NY ,etc.

I'll try,but right now with the list of things to do and the price of gas it's very unlikely that I'll make it unless we decide to make a small family vacation out of it.Even then it'll be a chore.

Well,at least I got the post started and hopefully some of you guys will get to meet and have fun.

Please consider the drive down to NJ sometime.The Pine Barrens are awsome to drive through.And,we get more of the east coast crowd together.

Have fun!

I'm going, it looks like Konrad/soo is going, I chance met him today in a parking lot.

Moosens, I'll throw in $20 bucks for gas if you need it, just to meet you.

I'm heading up friday afternoon.

hahaha,well,that's really kind of you but I'd never be able to accept it.You sure did just give me a shove in the right direction,being I'll have an audience actually willing to pay for me:lol: ....maybe I can talk the wife into something...bring the kids to Storyland or some crap like that.We'll see,no promises though.

Just filled up the '89 GL Touring wagon with the cheap 87 octane,from just before the tank empty warning light going on.......$49.00 for 15 gallons!!I top it off,especially during the spring and fall for consideration of tank condensation.

I'd like to run into Konrad again too! I'll work on the wife this week.;)

Just filled up the '89 GL Touring wagon with the cheap 87 octane,from just before the tank empty warning light going on.......$49.00 for 15 gallons!!.;)

i know what you mean :rolleyes: fulled up my legacy the other day,needed a'lil over 12gallons.cost me like $35. bucks for 89 octane :banghead:

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=12&Z=19&X=337&Y=6180&W=1&qs=%7cburke%7cvt%7c (click on topo,to see where pipeline is on map)

in an eariler post,it was mentioned about meeting up at a parking lot that is in a pic i posted.the road it's on,i found out leads to some class 6 roads not to mention a pipe line that looks like it goes on for some distance.can't really tell by lookin at the pic,but it looks like it'd make for some interesting offroading.

hahaha,well,that's really kind of you but I'd never be able to accept it.You sure did just give me a shove in the right direction,being I'll have an audience actually willing to pay for me:lol: ....maybe I can talk the wife into something...bring the kids to Storyland or some crap like that.We'll see,no promises though.

Just filled up the '89 GL Touring wagon with the cheap 87 octane,from just before the tank empty warning light going on.......$49.00 for 15 gallons!!I top it off,especially during the spring and fall for consideration of tank condensation.

I'd like to run into Konrad again too! I'll work on the wife this week.;)

thats the spirit!!!:)

fuel prices are high, but still 2 times cheaper than in poland, so relax :burnout:,

i'm going for 100%, and hope to meet you up there, take care

:banghead: :banghead: i just found out the camp ground is full (fri 9th-sat 10th)

has anyone done a reservation for a group quanity or a single site reservation.

if single ones have been done then it ticks me off by saying that i won't be there.

unless i do a day trip.

Yeah, I got the answering machine message too. Seems odd for a weekend after labor day. There's other campgrounds in the area, they were listed on the http://www.kingdomtrails.comor org website link earlier in the thread. My wagon is rolling again, and I'll be leaving 4ish tommorow afternoon. Sounds like most people have bailed on this trip. Oh well, I'm heading up anyways. The mountain biking and hiking is not to be missed. I may end up parking the car some where and being labeled a "vagrent" he he. konrad/soo, if your still going, hows 4:30 in the stop & shop parking lot in peterbourough sound?

Sounds like most people have bailed on this trip. Oh well, I'm heading up anyways. The mountain biking and hiking is not to be missed. I may end up parking the car some where and being labeled a "vagrent" he he. konrad/soo, if your still going, hows 4:30 in the stop & shop parking lot in peterbourough sound?

Dang,I really wish I could jump into this one and go see my friends who are right next to Peterborough.Just one of those weekends where I'm totally caught off guard.My touring wagon is back out on loan.My '78 is hurting bigtime as my daily driver and I just can't do a big trip with it right now.Everything else in the family is either not available or not running.

Have fun,whoever makes it.PLEASE take some pics atop of Burke for us.Thanks!