Ultimate Subaru Message Board

yo I got some questions about the EJ18 engine...

I have a 1993 impreza L ( it's front-wheel drive- yeah I know...)

I am wondering if the tranny and drivetrain from the AWD impreza would work in a transfer or would the 1993 outback sport work??

also is there good performance parts sites out there for my car -- Am I going to have to do an engine swap? I don't have the money for that!

btw I am in San Antonio

show me the cameraderie

I have a 1993 impreza L ( it's front-wheel drive- yeah I know...)

I am wondering if the tranny and drivetrain from the AWD impreza would work in a transfer or would the 1993 outback sport work??

also is there good performance parts sites out there for my car -- Am I going to have to do an engine swap? I don't have the money for that!

btw I am in San Antonio

show me the cameraderie

I am thinking about Rallitek.com, I looked over the catalogue-- very interesting indeed...

well as for the EJ18 many external components like intakes, exhausts, pullys will work. I had an EJ18 for a few yrs. It was faster than it was. I have one I'm selling. I wanted to rebuild it, but I got married!

As for websites, as from my past knowledge there is nothing dedicated to the EJ18. There are a few turbo kits for the ej18. Old 'jcsports' had one and it was suposedly a killer machine!

You just need to research a lot, cause some site will say they have exhaust headers for impreza's 95-01 per say, when in all actuality the 93 EJ18 will work with those. One think to consider it was prolly made for the ej22 or ej25 do the diameter is bigger than the ej18. Oh well it'll breathe better than the ej18! One rule of thumb on dealing w/ impreza's is watch out when buying some parts that include the EJ22, because for (i think) 95-96 the EJ22's had single port exhaust. SO you wouldn't want anything that would adapt to that .

You could always ask man!

I'm am not a newbie killer or anything, I'm a down to Earth nice guy, so if you have a particular question PM me or e-mail me. Like I said I'm selling and extra EJ18, look at the ad on this site, becasue I have extra accesories for that motor on sale if you needed for your engine. I am full of knowledge, and was in your shoes once from '96 to '03(had a 93 Impreza L). I finally got a WRX! But I miss my EJ18 Impreza FWD. It actually handled better that my WRX. You can ask me if you care! PM or e-mail me.

Thanks,

MAX

well as for the EJ18 many external components like intakes, exhausts, pullys will work. I had an EJ18 for a few yrs. It was faster than it was. I have one I'm selling. I wanted to rebuild it, but I got married!

As for websites, as from my past knowledge there is nothing dedicated to the EJ18. There are a few turbo kits for the ej18. Old 'jcsports' had one and it was suposedly a killer machine!

You just need to research a lot, cause some site will say they have exhaust headers for impreza's 95-01 per say, when in all actuality the 93 EJ18 will work with those. One think to consider it was prolly made for the ej22 or ej25 do the diameter is bigger than the ej18. Oh well it'll breathe better than the ej18! One rule of thumb on dealing w/ impreza's is watch out when buying some parts that include the EJ22, because for (i think) 95-96 the EJ22's had single port exhaust. SO you wouldn't want anything that would adapt to that .

You could always ask man!

I'm am not a newbie killer or anything, I'm a down to Earth nice guy, so if you have a particular question PM me or e-mail me. Like I said I'm selling and extra EJ18, look at the ad on this site, becasue I have extra accesories for that motor on sale if you needed for your engine. I am full of knowledge, and was in your shoes once from '96 to '03(had a 93 Impreza L). I finally got a WRX! But I miss my EJ18 Impreza FWD. It actually handled better that my WRX. You can ask me if you care! PM or e-mail me.

Thanks,

MAX

thanks for the info-- This will help me out considerably.