Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Heading back to MN tomorrow

the impreza is loaded up once again for the trip to minneapolis from seattle!

probably going to take the same ol' route again... I-90 to I-94 thru ND.. but possibly considering a different route? would like to take I-84 to I-80 and then go N on I-35.... would definately be a lot longer trip, but more site seeing? (new areas for me and the impreza though!) would it be better or worse for the trailer and the impreza? (hills and rough road is bad for my itty bitty tires on the trailer, and weight+EJ18 is hard on uphill)

I will check up on this post in the morning before I head out if anyone has any suggestions, or if you want to meet up again somewhere along the paths of where I could go?

and most of you know my #, so give me a call :D

here I go again!

Austin, have a safe and uneventful trip back. As near as I remember some of the roads you're considering, everything out there is boring. I-84 is interesting with one humongous pass just after Pendleton and then one smaller one after that. I-80 is the most desolate road I've ever driven on after passing through Salt Lake City. Conservative cuss that I am, I'd opt for the direct route and skip the sight-seeing for some really nice scenery.

Austin you better come I-80 this time! YOu can hit up I-25 and head north to I-90 in Cheyenne, if you dont' want to drive across Nebraska lol...

Cell # 541 990 8697. if you left @ 9:30-10 this morning, you should be in or near Salt Lake by now.. Another 6 hours to Laramie.. hit me up, we should hang out lol

Edited by Hondasucks

well, it has been a HOT trip.. I am in a campground in Keystone, SD... I went to devils tower, near sundown.. so the pics are more shilouet ish (bad spelling, i know :P ) and then continued on to Mt Rushmore... made it there just after dark.. and I was dead tired.. there is a campground right in keystone.... for 20 a night, and it has free WiFi!!!!! woooooo!!

so I am doing good, I will be taking I-90 the rest of the way to 35, then to MSP.... pictures should be sweeeet! (I will upload them for all to see soon!)

and even better yet, there are showers here too!!!! yeah!

tomorrow will be another intense day for me and the non AC impreza in the 90+ deg heat :rolleyes:

Didnt see this post in time. He is going to run into a mess between Albertville and Rogers if he ends up making it there during morning rush hour. Might want to look at a map if you see this post and head south from Monticello on 25 and work your way home.

Guest Vickaroo

Austin.... It was so awesome to get to meet you. Your a very NICE and COOL guy. Stop in anytime your in our neck of the woods. I cant beleive the girls took to you so well..... :rolleyes: Hope you made it home safe.... WOW how many miles do you have under your belt???? Vicky

yep!! i made it home just fine, rolled in at exactly midnight last night... unloaded the bike and disconnected the trailer and got some rest...

I have drivin many many miles... unknown amounts... both of my previous jobs have been delivery jobs, usually racking up about 150 miles+ each 8 hour work day.... for about 3 years or so too....

I drove with my grandma from pheonix to seattle and then back again a few summers ago- so theres 3200~ miles round trip....

I have put about 6k on my new motorcycle, and about 3k on my previous one (honda shadow)

this trip to MN from seattle was my 6th driving trip on the same route... so theres about 10,200 miles :eek: just in my MN commute alone.. and 3 of those trips was with a heavy trailer behind the impreza!!

so yeah.. I think I qualify as being quite the high milage driver! ;)

now my impreza needs a bath! and a power steering rack... :-\