Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rebuilding ea81 twin exhaust port motor

The problem is that the heads have been severely decked and the inlet manifold overshoots by about 4mm. I can get some aluminium spacers laser cut, but need a CAD drawing of an EA81 head gasket. A colleague on the ausubaru site suggested a place called CCR rebuilders in the US might be able to help; does anyone know of them?

My motor rebuilding has stalled until i can get a CAD drawing done.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Its just me but I would end up changing the intake manifold.I would just cut it up towards the carb and I believe that may be a cheaper route to go anyway. Just cut it and trim it how you need to and the weld it up and you should be set and then you will definately have higher cr.I have cut intakes on several motors so I know it can be done.:)

Yikes 4mm.... Is that for each head or the total for both? If it's the total amount for both, then I would try using 2 headgaskets for each head.

As for having a spacer laser cut, there should be someone at that shop who can take a new headgasket and create a CAD drawing based on it. Where I work, we do things like that, every now and again.

Yikes 4mm.... Is that for each head or the total for both? If it's the total amount for both, then I would try using 2 headgaskets for each head.

As for having a spacer laser cut, there should be someone at that shop who can take a new headgasket and create a CAD drawing based on it. Where I work, we do things like that, every now and again.

Its 4mm total. I'm having some CAD drawings completed at the moment. 2mm aluminium spacers should be cut next week. This thread originally posted to see if anyone in U.S.A already had a set of CAD drawings. Two headgaskets wasn't suggested by my engine rebuilder. Would they seal properly?