Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Furthest Traveled to WCSS7 And Back?

Who traveled the furthest to and from the show? I know a lot of you traveled from far away, but how many miles each way was if for you guys? I know Austin came from Minnesota, McBrat came from Iowa, Snowman and Northguy came from Alaska, and those guys from Arizona too, so how many miles did you clock?

I came from Reno, Nevada and back so that was 1721 miles round trip. The brat hit 200000k miles too!

yeah, the crab meal from Northguy and Snoman was the BEST!!!! thanks a lot!!! (maybe next year I will bring some Wisconsin cheese? :drunk: )

as for distance.... its about 1700 miles each way for me... I am heading out in a few minutes, heading back to MN... see ya later!

Wow, I think I was in it right up until the guys from alaska came in. I'm looking at right about 35 miles each way. :grin:

I was going to suggest a conterpoint of who had the shortest drive... but Scoobywagon and XSNRG probably have me beat by a couple of miles. ;)

Noah, after I took a couple of wrong turns, and went looking for a fan belt in Prince George, I ended up with 2500 = miles, but Kelly has me beat with the round trip mileage. However, the return part of his trip technically is a business trip (hauling body parts for his employer and getting paid for it) so the award would be best awarded to the guy from Texas.

I'm 8 miles round trip farther than the guy from Chukau**** but as i didn't drive i'd be willing to cede the trophy to him. however next year, i'll have two cars, i hope.

Ok so I just did some calculating out and my round trip total will be 2530 miles... in a GEN 1 BRAT. But I guess it doesnt really count cause I went all the way up to Bellingham, and Mount Baker and stuff... and back down along california 101 on the coast. if you took all that out and just had my distance from atascadero, ca to shelton, wa... it would be somewhat more like 1900 ish..

-Mike

My stats from the trip...

Mileage when leaving The Ponderosa: 292,317

Mileage arriving home Monday: 293,800

Total 1483..includes perhaps 5 or 6 miles of offroading at the show, no other significant excursions from the routes of travel

Temperature in Klamath Falls Monday at ~3PM: 103F..ugh.

Temperature at the Ranch (elev. 6400') when arriving home at 10 PM: 74F (very unusually high)..ugh again:( .

Gas mileage: ranged from about 24 to 30 MPG.

Times I said, "Boy, those restrooms are nasty": lost count at 10,000

Number of times I had trouble with my 23 year old car on the trip (not counting body damage and losing/recovering various parts while offroading:lol: ): 0

I dunno where the show was exactly this year, but it woulda been a lil under 2200 miles if it had been in Portland, round trip. It's 1198 miles to my house in Albany from here.. Wish I coulda made it, sorry I missed the crab, I love crab! lol guess I'll just hafta go up to Alaska lol

Ah ha! That's where this post is. Ok.

Milage when we left home: 215858

Mileage when Suby died in Beatty, NV: 218659

Suby drove about 2800 miles, she got towed about 640 miles. Total: roughly 3440 miles. That's some miles for a little Subaru that sees maybe 200 miles in a week!

Carnage was a dead roo and a rattled apart muffler.

Sorry to hear about your subie problems Ted. But 2800 miles is a good run for an older vehicle. I hope you get the problem solved. As soon as I got home my axle blew up. Figures! It was good to meet you and Dave as well.

Oh and my miles traveled was maybe a few miles less then NV Zeno... around 1300 roughly.