Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting new stereo, have questions?

well i am thinking of getting a stereo. i want to run 2 6x9's and a small sub.(probably a 8") is there anything i should be aware of? i plan not to run a amp. and those adapter plates, where do you get them at???

thanks in advance for any help.:)

o and by the way, it is in my 85 wagon

Yup.. suggestion

Run seperate wire from the deck to the 6x9s and get a amp for the sub or you wont even hear it.. Make sure the amp has a built in crossover and set it to low pass at around 60-70 hz or you will get into the midbass range and that will sound funny with your 6x9s.

Mike

Yup.. suggestion

Run seperate wire from the deck to the 6x9s and get a amp for the sub or you wont even hear it.. Make sure the amp has a built in crossover and set it to low pass at around 60-70 hz or you will get into the midbass range and that will sound funny with your 6x9s.

Mike

ok thanks, thats some very helpful info, dont know to much about stereo systems. i should get it sometime next month. how bout those adapter plates?

suggestion.........

keep the the 6.5" in the rear doors lose the 6x9's and the adapter plate you can get at any car audio shop. im putting my system im my 85 wagon right now. if ya need any help let me know i may be able to come help you

well honestly i wanted a 10" sub but i didnt want to run a amp. i dont know if i have to run a amp i might as well go with a 12" sub. are amps a pia to hook up? i will most likely not have enough money for all of this at once so i think i will just hook up the 6x9's and then when i have enough money, get a sub and a amp. and 1 more question, whats a good not to expensive sub?

I will answer the deck Q first.. The adapter plate will also be a spacer so depth should not be an issue.

And as for amp sub etc.. those in the end are all personal preference.. If you want I can post up some places online (not ebay) that I trust and use fairly regularly.. Or I have an MTX roadthunder 10 in a box that I used for about a month and a lightening audio 4 channel amp that I have no need for ( used for about 2 months).. The amp will run your 6x9s or front speakers and the sub if you want them.. PM me if you want to know more.

Mike

A amp will prob need its own supply from the battery (depends on the power level = current draw)

I put my 6x9's in boxes behind the drivers seat and it makes my bum vibrate with the bass :D

Im gonna add a sub with an amp soon too but need much required $$$$

Gannon