Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Great Story

Here's a good one:

On my way home from work tonight, I took my usual route. Everything was decent on the way home... stopped to help some kid out with Saab (had spark, wasn't gettin' gas, his father had left ten minutes beforehand to get a tow...), but other than that, it was the usual drive.

I get off 787, and stop at the light, preparing for my turn left onto the bridge that takes me over the Hudson. Light turns green, and the oncoming traffic is turning right onto the bridge. A bright red pickup truck, lookin' all shiny and new.

I give it the gas, take 'er on up to 3,500 RPM's, shift, wait for 3,500 RPM's, shift into third... as I'm working my way up to 3,500 again, that red truck gets on the gas, and accelerates his way to several car lengths ahead of me in a matter of seconds. He then proceeds to stick his hand out his window and wave at me, backwards.

Apparently he figured I was tryin' to race him... and here I was, sittin' in my little 90 hp Loyale, just trying to get up the bridge at a decent pace. :D

Who'd have figured?

'Course, then again, maybe ya had to have been there :brolleye: :-)

i'll pull some revs up to 5000 rpms for all the highschool kids at the basketball court at the library. then this one dude in a 3.1 grand am revs his motor, thinking his factory dual exhaust is the dook. then i take the rpms up to 7000 rpms and hold it there! then the kid looks at me like he is confused, revs his motor a few times trying to match me---allthewhile i am purring at 7000.

and then he drives off with a rod knock

Ahhh Upstate NY.....homophobic rednecks in pickup trucks with insecurity issues.

I'd give anything to change my skin color and blow by that guy with a white woman at my side.

This is the typical backwoods(no offense to the Troy area)mentality we find in "the valley" here in CT.Every state has its spots but some states are completely covered.

I'll bet that guy had a chain saw in that truck too.

In california we dont get rednecks in trucks. We have ricers. None of the sube's I have now will hold up to a ricer thats propperly equipped... but in most cases you see honda's that are just lowered and are loud. Those are fun to beat in a Brat.

And dont be affraid to shift at 4000 or 4200 rpm. WHat year is your car?

-Brian

I was driving myself to the hospital (!) one night and stopped to help a guy whose car was on fire. He asked How much longer it would be 'fore it blew up, he had his laptop still in the back. I said about two minutes. He got his laptop out and about 2 min later, fire made its way through the firewall. Then the A/C hosees blew up. Then the FD got there, so I continued to Mary Washington's.

there is a place near jersey shore called lock haven that is full of rednecks. (not all of them are rednecks, my girlfriend is from lockhaven, her name is bobbi-joe:D, but she is not a redneck!)

"lock haven- where the men are men and the women are too!":D

I obviously don't have much experience with these cars, but since I've gotten my GL-10 and actually been out driving it. I've noticed people trying to pass me thinking I'm going to be a slow driver. I usually kick it down a gear, and they back off :). I'll see how she holds up to the typical ricer hondas around here sooner or later.

hey!!! there's nothing wrong with rednecks. At least this redneck owns a subaru. I also own like 2 trucks and 2 Camaros but I do own a Subaru. Not all rednecks are asses just some of them. SO before y'all go stereotyping people make sure there's no one around that IS one. thats just my .02 cents