Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NEW OLD 360ish

I would love one of those..... :rolleyes:

It could be so handy...

You could go to the store and buy small things :lol:

You could use it in the backyard in place of a wheelbarrow :lol:

sorta like a utility/maintainence vehicle for the house.

It would probably be covered under you homeowners insurance.

If it were half the price, I'd buy one! :cool:

they weren't ever sold here so they don't have all the stupid safety/emissions crap.. Stupid US automakers, hafta push the government to make all these dumb laws so that all the cars that would blow the US stuff out of the water, can't be imported :-(

I have been seeing those things around lately. Mostly they are mitsubishi and I forget what the other kind is but I see them on farms a lot lately. I don't know about up north or out west but I wonder if you could get a farm tag for it then you could drive it on the road (farm trucks in PA get a sticker on a fender, a special license plate and a one time registration fee....and there is no inspection either) Maybe you could get away with putting one of those SMV triangles on the back and driving it on the road (max speed you are allowed to do is 25 with an SMV)

hmmmm thinking.

• 4 weeks later...

Whistler has a whole fleet of things like that... i looked at them and to my disapointment they aren't subarus... although they look identacle to that one... they use them in and around the village and sometimes on the mountain... tough little trucks they are...

but i can completely tell why they are illegal to drive on the road... any type of hit at any real speed would kill...

and i know that old cars are more unsafe... a 360 is probably more dangerous then one of those things... but they are new and have to comply with new safety standards...

Yeah.. mostly because they weren't imported to the U.S. with intentions of being a "street" vehicle. Also I believe part of it is that it's a 2-stroke? You can get 360's street legal.. just has to be one of the OLD OLD ones that was imported here and was street legal at the time... Kinda like if you're vehicle was not required to have seat belts at the time it was created and those were the standards of the day, you are NOT REQUIRED to have seat belts. At least here anyway! :brow:

Ya they're dangerous but they're still cute.

Who are you going to hit in the backyard anyway?

You could off-road it and give the Yamaha Rhino, Kawasaki Mule some run for thier money.

Still dreaming...

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

The other ones are Daihatsus. Subaru, Suzuki, Daihatsu and Mitsubishi all market identical-looking mminitrucks for third-world countries and places where road real estate is a problem. They're very popular in Japan, in farming areas; I'll post pictures later if anyone's interested.