Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pics of the very first 2006 Sti on u.s.a shores

Yeah, several of us were there last night and saw it in person. It was there for the session with Petter. The front end looks VERY nice on the STi. I'll be surprised though if the price either goes up, or things like the additional rear spoiler and the under "armor"/air deflectors become options.

Keith

Guest Vickaroo

I LOVE IT!!!! Just wish the spoiler wasnt so tall. (this will get me killed) but the spoiler looks kind of "ricer" (sorry corkey) I dont know any other way to put it... But I LOVE the rest of it... Vicky

Just wish the spoiler wasnt so tall. (this will get me killed) but the spoiler looks kind of "ricer" (sorry corkey) I dont know any other way to put it..

There is a BIG difference between Ricer and Functional! For instance.

f16_celica.jpg

unique_tempo_back.jpg

wacky_jap.jpg

Sorry for the tangent but enough said!

I LOVE IT!!!! Just wish the spoiler wasnt so tall. (this will get me killed) but the spoiler looks kind of "ricer" (sorry corkey) I dont know any other way to put it... But I LOVE the rest of it... Vicky
Vicky, what are you talking about. I have a stock Subaru rear spoiler on my car, it is smaller then later versions. You should see the looks that I get from police, they drive up next to me expecting a young person in the car and are very surpized when they see the gray beard. I usually just wave at them and laugh. To me, any stock Subaru rear spoiler is not 'ricer', but any of those wierd aftermarket wings are. Or is it that you are appologizing for the use of the term 'ricer'?

OMG!!! My ribs hurt! These are some of the most ridiculous things I've seen, but to each their own right. #3 looks like it'll hurt somebody if they stand too close:lol:

There is a BIG difference between Ricer and Functional! For instance.

f16_celica.jpg

unique_tempo_back.jpg

wacky_jap.jpg

Sorry for the tangent but enough said!

As for being at Miller Subaru...

w00t!!!

Petter was cool <very quiet..just the way I like em :brow: > and so adorable <darn shiney wedding band kept blinding me!:-\ >

He signed my Subaru cow hat...then I though about the cow on the road during the rally...swear it was a coinkydink!

Lots of people there, but no troubles

2006 STI is cool looking <the seats were never empty so I couldn't get in> I don't mind the spoiler and I like the hood scoop. I'd have to take a test drive to get the full effect of everything, but hey test drives are free hehe.

Just had to be there...the whole thing was just... well, again you had to be there.

"Petter Solberg,my Petter Solberg..you make me happy when skies are grey

You'll never know dear how much I love Soob...

Please don't take my Solberg away!"

Guest Vickaroo
Vicky, what are you talking about. I have a stock Subaru rear spoiler on my car, it is smaller then later versions. You should see the looks that I get from police, they drive up next to me expecting a young person in the car and are very surpized when they see the gray beard. I usually just wave at them and laugh. To me, any stock Subaru rear spoiler is not 'ricer', but any of those wierd aftermarket wings are. Or is it that you are appologizing for the use of the term 'ricer'?

Corkey it was the term I was talking about. And again Im sorry cause I dont like it either. :mad: I was just informed the term is Racer Boy....

Gravityman... Didnt mean to send you on a tangent. But the pics you posted yelp I see the differance, but I still dont like the wing on the back. I like the smaller one,like the one on our 05 RS. But hey thats just me.... Sorry didnt mean to step on anyones toes.... Vicky