Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So... Does anyone actually have an FF-1 star or a G?

I read the Historical Subaru forum post and saw some info about the 1970/71 FF-1's, the little FWD coupes with early EA motors...

But, aside from a couple of odd websites here or there with info about them, I cant seem to tell if anyone actually owns one.

So, does anybody have one or has anyone actually seen one?

http://www.supercars.net/garages/MooSquad/135v2.html

I ALMOST had one, they day before I went to the boneyard to pick it up the bon of a snitch crushed it :banghead: (Man WTF happened to the peed off smiley that would blow smoke out his ears?)..

By the way, I was born in Roseville :D in 1982, in the Roseville Hospital (It's now part of Sierra College I think..) and my uncle still lives there, by Kaseberg park.

there are 2 of them floating around the owners of the 360 club. one was owned by subaru3 for a while.

it is probably the hardest subaru to find parts for. remeber it has inboard brakes (on the trany end of the drive shafts.) there were 3 of them in the south somewhere (mossens????) that a guy had but they all went to the crusher as they were rusting apart at the seams probably more metal gone then left.

there is a trunk for one in walla walla washington but thats a s close as ive found.

i keep thinking ill run acrost one here in mt as there are tons of gen 1 cars. case in point..

in town 76. 77, 78x5, 79x7+ 74, 73x3 those are the years and quantitys ive

found just on my daily drives + 2 360 vans in helena.....

theres got to be some around somewhere.

there are 2 of them floating around the owners of the 360 club. one was owned by subaru3 for a while.

it is probably the hardest subaru to find parts for. remeber it has inboard brakes (on the trany end of the drive shafts.) there were 3 of them in the south somewhere (mossens????) that a guy had but they all went to the crusher as they were rusting apart at the seams probably more metal gone then left.

there is a trunk for one in walla walla washington but thats a s close as ive found.

i keep thinking ill run acrost one here in mt as there are tons of gen 1 cars. case in point..

in town 76. 77, 78x5, 79x7+ 74, 73x3 those are the years and quantitys ive

found just on my daily drives + 2 360 vans in helena.....

theres got to be some around somewhere.

Ya, I saw the wierd thing about the brakes and was wondering what could be done about that (drivetrain swap?)

But since its impossible to even find one... Interesting stuff.

I recall reading about an expatriate Australian auto writer living in New Zealand that has an FF1.

The 3 in the South were in Alabama. The guy's old user name was fourguzzis .

A motor home junkyard in Indiana also had one for sale for a while but they'd crushed it 2 days before I called them :banghead:

I saw one at the South Mall in Allentown, PA this past Saturday (7/23/2005). It was straight, forest green (didn't look like the original color) and had PA classic tags on it. Didn't have my camera with me, otherwise I would have snapped a pic or two.

I saw one at the South Mall in Allentown, PA this past Saturday (7/23/2005). It was straight, forest green (didn't look like the original color) and had PA classic tags on it. Didn't have my camera with me, otherwise I would have snapped a pic or two.

You should have waited around to meet the owner and given them an offer :P

I know you asked if anybody *has* one... Well, I don't now...but I did.

I put over 90k on the '71 FF-1 I bought in '77 (when I was a junior in high school). Selling the car in '82 was a decision that I have always regretted.

It was a phenomenal car. Inboard front drum brakes, 4-wheel independent torsion bar suspension, and factory radial tires. It had two radiators under the hood (a small one that served as a heater core). I have never driven a car with such a small unsprung weight ratio...it rode and steered like a dream!

I scanned some photos this afternoon to put my gallery (I've got some color shots somewhere, and will post if I find them):

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7264&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7265&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7266&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

:D:clap: Outstanding!!!! What I wouldn't give for one of those.

In '77 I was 13/14 yrs old and my brother was a Subaru mechanic.We had one of those 1100's I believe in our yard for a while.It was aqua blue,totally cool even next to my brother's Chevelle SS,in some weird way.Counter-muscle,anti-guzzler,intelligent not indulgant.It was our first real look at ANY Subaru seriously.At that point,the dam burst open and we started seeing every dang Subaru they made from '72-83 at my house.

:D:clap: Outstanding!!!! What I wouldn't give for one of those.

what he said!

the only one i know of is in Reading PA.it is in this 79 yr old mans abandoned junk yard.i went there a few months ago and bought a few boxes of 360 parts.the ff1 or 1100 was complete, but rusted beyond repair.seemed like a waste of all the cars in there.