Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New senario. Help a brotha out???

ok. Where is the air control valve I need to clean. I sprayed the TB with some cleaner and reset the PCM. has been a day and still no check angine light. It is running better, but still stumbles a bit on startup, but idles smooth if you blip the throttle. It is idleing at around 1000 to 1200. is that normal?

Now when we turn on the AC (wich doesn't get very cold, needs a recharge) the car idles very low and surges. Im sure if I leave the ac on I will get some code, but I have kept it off. Could the bad knock sensor cause this. I also noticed that it sounds like it is pinging under acceleration.

before the reset I had codes 14, 16, 22 and 24. for two injector signals being out of whack, and the other two codes were for the knock sensor and the air control valve.

Have you tried SeaFoam sucked directly into one of the vacuum ports? Do it slowly and don't let the car stall. It's supposed to clean valves etc. of carbon (pinging?) then for teh injectors, throw some in the gas tank and add some premium gas and see how it runs.

Be aware that after you let the car sit after the vacuum part, the car will smoke like "James Bond" for about 5 minutes so drive the snot out of it on a highway where nobody knows you.