Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'82 Brat with the 3rd Eye (Cyclops) ... Rare?

I found one of these in montana, I am going to try and buy it if I can, he wanted $2500, and I talked him down to about $2000, but I am just wondering if it is worth that much more than a regular brat of this vintage or if it is worth alot more with the cyclops ... it's not as clean as mine, but the body is pretty straight, just a few dents and dings here and there, but it's a GL, has 180k miles and just needs the seats recovered and a little paint to make it sharp. It runs great has pleanty of power and nothing appears to be wrong with the drive train.

What's it worth?

I've got an '82 Brat with the third eye as well as a spare. Blown headgasket and significant rust; first $250 takes it away.

Thanks guys, it's not that rare after all ... oh well, I can't afford $2k right now anyway ... need to get something for the "lift fund" so I can get my 27" coopers on :brow:

I've got an '82 Brat with the third eye as well as a spare. Blown headgasket and significant rust; first $250 takes it away.

Kewl, maybe I will have to make annother run to Oregon to "visit" my family then .... oh ya and maybe see my parents and brother too :grin:

VERY tempting but untill I got my lift, I must say even that I will have to pass on for now ... I DID find a NICE '81 1st gen brat for 1700 tho ... going to look at it some time this week ... guy really doesn't want to sell it, but I hear he has some good spare engines I might be able to trade twords a lift :drunk: