Ultimate Subaru Message Board

colorado unite!!!!

ok guys and gals!! i think its time that we get another meet goin.... i dont care where, but we should get one going soon..... just because the last one was alot of fun......... maybe we should try some wheelin somewhere, r do barb-q-, somethin..... im just itchin to get together again.... i couldnt mke it to the meet brittany had goin on with all the other groups, sorry britt, had to work on the mazda........ anyway, throw some ideas out....... lets get this goin.......he last meet was a good turn up, lets do it again!!!

Hey guys,

I've been away from thd board for a while (life happens). I'd be up for another one as well. My wagons in pieces right now so I can't go wheelin', but a BBQ sounds good! Brit, sorry but I missed too. Let's hear some ideas on sites. If I can help organize again drop me an e-mail. I'll do what I can to help!

like i said before, i really dont care where we meet......... but somewhere around pikes peak could be fun, do they have anywhere we could do a bbq??? im sure they do somewhere....... toby, you live in that direction right? maybe you culd come up with a spot for us........ i would say that we should do a " bring a dish " special....... just a thought.......

I just really like cruising through the Pike National Forest. If you go into the Forest and get to the small parking area for the tailhead to Devil's head, there are restrooms and a few tables. There might also be a grill or two, don't remember. From Castle Rock it will take about 30 minutes to get to the parking area. You can also enter the Forest in Monument. I got lost one time and came out there but I don't know how to get from there to the parking area. I could try to do a recon trip if anyone wanted to go from that direction. For those who aren't sure where Devil's head is, if you look West as you go South on 25 past Castle Rock, you will see a small mountain peaking up from behind the first ridge, that is it. On top is the last staffed fire lookout on the Front Range.

If my information is correct, they don't close the Forest to cars until the first good snow so we would have some time. The trail is open year round, even up the stairs to the tower. It is only about 1.25 miles to the top. There are all kinds of fire roads to explore. If someone does some research, I am sure that there are 4x4 trails as they allow ATVs and motorcycles on a lot of the trails.

Jay

720-201-7444

PS. Not the weekend of Oct 4 and 5.

I could organize another BBQ. But if i organized it, it would be in Lakewood. In Lakewood there are a couple great parks where I have had car club BBQ's before. I HAVE A PORTABLE GRILL AND COOLER all in one, just for these occasions. So if people are willing to come I will set a date for this BBQ, which would be a POTLUCK. Also, I could invite the other Subaru club.

Maybe we could have it on Sept. 28th, or Oct. 5th????????....Before it gets too cold.

Tell me what you guys think!

Britnie:wave:

BBQ sounds fun. I think it would be cool to get other Subaru clubs together, then we could educate the Impreza crowd on older Subies. I'm up for anything though. The only thing is...if whatever we do involves wheeling, I'll have catch a ride with one of you guys. The RX is in need of insurance and a right side timing belt, and the WRX isn't really suitable for drives that require um...clearance. Anyway, whatever you folks decide on is cool with me as long as it's on a weekend and we plan ahead. The more notice, the better.

-Kellie

Yeah, I agree, we should start planning, but we need some time to spread the word. I think a Sunday would probably be best since most people have Sundays off, I like October 5th. Where do you guys want to do it? I know of several parks. The one that Britnie was thinking of has a big parking lot and is really nice. It's in Lakewood which seems pretty central. Where would everyone be coming from?

-Kellie