Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbo Leg front brake conv. what you think?

Well yet another conversion of my subaru....well mostly impreza....ive got a lead on the stuff for a front disc conversion to turbo leg. From what i see the rotor is about an inch bigger in diameter...is there also more pad surface???

would this create noticably better brake response and stopping speed?? anyone done this?? let me know

Cory

It may not be worth it, unless you have upped the engine power considerably.

I run standard size grooved discs with Mintex M1144 brake pads. They stop the car very quickly indeed, and have stood up to trackday use.

What size are your present brakes? Impreza's came with 260mm and either single pot caliper (like mine) or dual pot. Some lucky owners have two pots and 277mm discs.

If you really want to upgrade your brakes, replacing the single pot with the dual pot is quite easy. No adapters needed. Better feel and response are the benefits.

Fitting bigger discs will mean new caliper or at least a caliper adapter. Also, make sure the wheels will clear the caliper!

And yes, the 277mm discs have a bigger swept area.

Well i have the smaller discs....and probabally the single pot calipers. I can get the calipers with the rotors as well as the back plates....anything else i may need..??

I think they will fit in my 15's but will check...thanks for the info