Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP!!!! I bought a JDM EJ20 Turbo out of a 94 Legacy(Ebay JDM Exchange 36K miles) to put in my 93 American Legacy Sport to replace my tired EJ22 Turbo(190K miles). I was told it was a direct swap. The swap went well. There are only two noticable differences between the two engines. The EJ20 is a DOHC and has Coil Over Plugs vs a coil pack like my EJ22. I got the engine in just fine and all the wires were color coated exactly the same and went in all the same places... however, The EJ20 has five wires (one for each coil and a common) where my harness only has three wires (one for the coil pack that controls the fire for 1 and 2, one for 3 and 4, and a common). What do I do??? I have considered taking out the coil on plugs and putting in my old coil pack from my EJ22 and just running regular old plug wires from the pack to the plugs, but it would look like an ugly jimmy rig job because there is nowhere on the top of the EJ20 Intake that I can mount the coil pack. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post pics if needed.

Yeah, but I was hoping to keep the one it came with because it has all the attatchments to the intercooler it came with. My intake manifold wouldn't support the intercooler and I would probably run into the same EGR issues I was dealing with before using my old Intake. Is there any easy way to go from coil pack to coil on plug? When I turn it over it sounds like it's trying to fire, is it possible that I am just not getting enough spark to keep it running?

Could you swap the manifolds so you have some where to mount the coil pack??

• 3 months later...