Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

possible clutch promblem on 91 loyale

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dunkinman

dunkinman

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • chicopee

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:34 AM

when shifting the gears it bucks
after the shift . 2nd gear is the worst when shifting into 2nd it bucks the hardest have any clue
what it could be causing it . now if i shift to 2nd at 2000 rpms and let out the real slow it wont do it . please help im a newbie

oh yeah i almost forgot sometimes it wont shift into 1st unless i push the clutch in and give it a little gas wierd sometimes it pops out of 1st too.

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,340 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:56 AM

There may be a problem with the clutch plate and the pressure plate or in the transmission. It also sounds like your transmission is in need of some work if the gears are slipping out. Worn syncros will cause that to happen.

#3 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,486 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:50 PM

when shifting the gears it bucks
after the shift . 2nd gear is the worst when shifting into 2nd it bucks the hardest have any clue
what it could be causing it . now if i shift to 2nd at 2000 rpms and let out the real slow it wont do it . please help im a newbie

oh yeah i almost forgot sometimes it wont shift into 1st unless i push the clutch in and give it a little gas wierd sometimes it pops out of 1st too.

1st gear doesnt like to downshift till after you stop. no need for a 1st gear downshift while moving with the car's gearing.

shifting at 2000 rpms is ok but is this vs. shifting at a higher or lower rpm. dont drive below 1500 rpms, shift between 25 and 45 depending on acceleration (preferrably 3000-3500 rom, 4000-4500 for on-ramp acceleration

also what year and model is your car?

#4 dunkinman

dunkinman

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • chicopee

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:57 PM

1st gear doesnt like to downshift till after you stop. no need for a 1st gear downshift while moving with the car's gearing.

shifting at 2000 rpms is ok but is this vs. shifting at a higher or lower rpm. dont drive below 1500 rpms, shift between 25 and 45 depending on acceleration (preferrably 3000-3500 rom, 4000-4500 for on-ramp acceleration

also what year and model is your car?

1991 SUBARU LOYALE STATION WAGON 1.8 ENGINE NON TURBO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users