Ultimate Subaru Message Board

possible clutch promblem on 91 loyale

when shifting the gears it bucks

after the shift . 2nd gear is the worst when shifting into 2nd it bucks the hardest have any clue

what it could be causing it . now if i shift to 2nd at 2000 rpms and let out the real slow it wont do it . please help im a newbie

oh yeah i almost forgot sometimes it wont shift into 1st unless i push the clutch in and give it a little gas wierd sometimes it pops out of 1st too.

There may be a problem with the clutch plate and the pressure plate or in the transmission. It also sounds like your transmission is in need of some work if the gears are slipping out. Worn syncros will cause that to happen.

when shifting the gears it bucks

after the shift . 2nd gear is the worst when shifting into 2nd it bucks the hardest have any clue

what it could be causing it . now if i shift to 2nd at 2000 rpms and let out the real slow it wont do it . please help im a newbie

oh yeah i almost forgot sometimes it wont shift into 1st unless i push the clutch in and give it a little gas wierd sometimes it pops out of 1st too.

1st gear doesnt like to downshift till after you stop. no need for a 1st gear downshift while moving with the car's gearing.

shifting at 2000 rpms is ok but is this vs. shifting at a higher or lower rpm. dont drive below 1500 rpms, shift between 25 and 45 depending on acceleration (preferrably 3000-3500 rom, 4000-4500 for on-ramp acceleration

also what year and model is your car?

1st gear doesnt like to downshift till after you stop. no need for a 1st gear downshift while moving with the car's gearing.

shifting at 2000 rpms is ok but is this vs. shifting at a higher or lower rpm. dont drive below 1500 rpms, shift between 25 and 45 depending on acceleration (preferrably 3000-3500 rom, 4000-4500 for on-ramp acceleration

also what year and model is your car?

1991 SUBARU LOYALE STATION WAGON 1.8 ENGINE NON TURBO