Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This is my very first post. I would like to introduce myself and say that I'm happy to have found this forum. Maybe I can take part in a few conversations in the future.

We own an '01 Outback Wagon and I am really impressed with it's performance. It is a very well-built and quality machine. Even with it's 2.5 litre engine, all-wheel drive and considerable weight, it gets good mileage and has a lot of spunk.

Personally, I've always been a big fan of BMW and Toyota. I've owned several of each and know a good machine when I see one. I've added Subaru to my short list of quality cars. My only problem is my lack of knowledge regarding "Soobs".

Maybe someone can offer a suggestion for an issue I'm fighting.

Two weeks ago the driver's side electric window switch started buzzing when we tried to open or close the window. Since all of the windows are slave to the driver's switch, none of them will work when this happens. Then, at some point they will all start working just fine. Having replaced my share of power window switches, I had now problems with this one. It's my wife's car and we all know "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" So, I opted for the new unit from my local dealship. This was a $96 investment that turned out to be as bad an investment as GM Bonds. The new unit didn't change a thing! The buzzing is still there. And the window still only works when it wants to. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Out-Back There