Ultimate Subaru Message Board

14" 6 lug rims??

TheSubaruJunkie

Why is it they are so hard to find. I've been searching for rims from old Mitsubishi's and Datsun's etc... All the styles I want are 15" but i need 14's.

Anyone here running some 14" 6 lugs? The junkyard is having a sale this weekend:

The following parts will be specially priced for this weeks upcoming

Manager Special, July 26-August 1:

Tires (All) only $7.99!

Steel Wheels (All) only $0.99!

Rally Wheels only $4.99!

Aluminum Wheels only $9.99!

yeah, so I think i will search as many pick-n-pull's in the area and try to find some, problem is i need 7 matching rims :-\

-Brian

Do the pick and pulls in your area require a core?

I had never heard of this before. Everything at the SLC P&P requires a core...or you have to pay a core charge!!!

Fans, park break levers...it doesn't matter---core charge!

By the time you pay all the fees at P&P the half price sales, everywhere else is cheaper at their regular prices.

Just wondering if the SLC P&P is unique in it's worthless promotions.

Glenn,

SLC, Utah

JB is running 15" rims.

Im only picky because I already own 3 good tires, and i plan to buy another set of the same type. I will use the old 3 from my last rig as spares, and run with a new set of the same thing. 215/75R14 Cooper Discoverer STT's

My next rig will only have a 3" lift, and 15"s would be too much.

-Brian

Too big as in the tire selection for 15" rims are usually 28" or larger.

The coopers im looking for are discontinued... im in for a fight to find them. BUt since i have 3 good coopers left (slashed one on the trail last time) i want to use those 3 remaining as spares. Meaning i'll need to purchase another set of identical tires.

So yeah, 15" rims are out of the question.

-Brian

are you sure he has 15's? in his sig it says 14's

"82 Brat GL Blue - 4" BYB lift, Weber Carb, 6 Lug Conversion, 28" Interco Swamper TSL's on 14" chrome 6 lug wheels, D/R 5 Speed Transmission w/Phantom Grip LSD, Rollbar, 6x9 KC Daylighters, Superwinch S3500 Winch, Optima Red Top Battery, 3.9 LSD, Custom Mudrat Bumpers, Hi-Lift Jack, Tube Doors, CB Radio"

maybe he has switched to 15's? hey jibs, watcha runnin?:)

mazda. whoever said that was right.i looked at a lot of rims not to long ago and the most frequent place i saw 14's was on mazdas.....usually in wagon pattern ,but some steelies and i saw one set of chrome ones at one point....

Ford Courier (mfg by Mazda) had 14/6.

Hope this helps

I have had two sets of white wagon spoke type 14" wheels. My first set came off an Izuzu Pup pickup truck 14"x5.5", beware on those they had some different backspaceing that require some major fender triming.

The set I have now are off a Mazda pickup truck, don't know the year. I only had to trim a little bit in front of the wheel for these ones, they seem to have pretty close to the same back spacing as a subaru 13".

I am running Walmart Douglas Performance GT tires that are ruffly 26.5 x 7

Just take a look through the pickups at the P&P, I don't think that I've ever seen a Nissan pickup with 5 lugs. You have the opposite problem as me. When I was looking for my wheels, I could only find 14's, thats why I went with the chevy rims.

All the styles I want

oops, seems I missed that part. Never mind...

Send me a pic of what you want and I'll check the yards here, too.

I just have to find a day and look in the yards here. I found the rims I like that are listed for a 1987 to 1994 Mitsubishi Pickup.

14x6, five spoke steels. Maybe Sunday i can find some time after work.

-Brian