Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone know how to get the release handle trim cover off. It's the part on the left hand side of the dirvers seat on the floor. I already took out the two screws. I cant figure out how to get the lever for the door to the gas cap off. Is it just a push pin or a set srew (like allenwrench or phillips).

On my car, you just pull the plastic pieces off the metal levers.

Ummm... the plastic pieces on mine have a pin or a screw holding the knob/tab on there i think. I dont wanna breakem by yanking on em:-\

Ok got it all fixed. The reason I was doing this was to replace the broken trunk release knob. Turns out you have to pull the levers/knobs straight off, not up and off like I did to my door to the gas tank knob but i think that will be fine just a little bit of a wiggle. As for the broken trunk release knob it was glued or cocked on there by the previous owners, so I had to take a dermal to the part that over hung the cover and then chiseled the rest off with a screw driver and hammer. After that I vacuumed out the entire car (I'm a clean freak) and put it all back together. The new trunk release knob that i got from 1stsubaruparts.com was slightly a different shade (blue opposed to the original gray) but who the hell cares. :drunk: