Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Quick Carb Help Please!?!?!?!

I'm replacing the carb on my Brat with one I just snagged off a hatch from the yard. On the "new" carb there are two fittings that don't exist on the "Old" carb.

The first one looks like a vacuum fitting just behind the idle screw above the throttle cable linkages and under the choke. There is a metal fitting on the engine right near there that had a cap on it, I'm assuming that is where I should connect to? Or should I cap the fitting on the new carb? These are shown in the attachments; "Front" and "Front Engine Fitting" I am pointing a pen at the fittings.

The Second is also a vaccuum fitting at the top rear of the new carb. Right behind the intake. The fittings I think that goes to are just left of it right above where the radiator hose goes to the block. There are actually two fittings there. A front one and a back one. These are pictured in "Top" and "Side Engine Fittings"

post-16-13602760258_thumb.jpg

post-16-136027602585_thumb.jpg

post-16-136027602588_thumb.jpg

post-16-136027602592_thumb.jpg

A tip:

I just leave it all on the intake and do direct comparisons to where on the car the vac lines go to/from. This also makes it so you only need the readily available intake manifold gaskets instead of the carb to intake manifold gaskets that are both harder to change but also harder to come by.