Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Was just wondering what i could sell my car for. In good Excellent running shape besides my Friggen transmission. Abs is not hooked up and I also have a cracked windsheild. 200,000kms. I was just going to sell it for cheap. What do you guys think I should do I have put way too much into this car already. last i was almost 4000$ in tranny work. Just not worth it to do it again unless I find a cheap tranny. Which in can is hard to do, specially for a turbo suba. and Automatic, and ideas? Or anyone got a tranny they want to sell. lol

Hard to translate from US to Canada $$, maybe you're better at it than me. Anyway, I don't usually go by the blue book, I check for listings in Autotrader.com or cars.com and see what other people are asking for similar vehilces. Knock off $500 usd for the tranny if its bad. Thats how much a junk yard tranny costs...if you can find one. Just a thought.

Hard to translate from US to Canada $$, maybe you're better at it than me. Anyway, I don't usually go by the blue book, I check for listings in Autotrader.com or cars.com and see what other people are asking for similar vehilces. Knock off $500 usd for the tranny if its bad. Thats how much a junk yard tranny costs...if you can find one. Just a thought.

Great, Thats what I was expecting. Do you think someone will actually buy this car witha tranny starting to go. I was hoping about 2000$ canadian.

If you set a price and place the car on the USMB marketplace...yes, there are a lot of mechanically inclined people on this board. Give some more details about body/rust/interior and engine condition...suspect someone will bite.

I have a rebuilt TURBO tranny in PA, the rebuild cost $2300 at Aamco, the car got wrecked, I saved the transmission, anybody care to make an offer?
I would love to buy this tranny, just not sure the shipping to canada, Im in desperate need. Cant find nothing here in ontario for an automatic tranny.