Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i need a new oil pump, wheres the best deal?

I want something that will last, and wont cost me an arm and a leg. Napa and shucks each want about $150 (shucks has a lifetime warranty, napa a 12month, 15k mi).

Importedcarparts.com wants less $80 for it with the seals and shipping, but no warranty.

Where is the best place to get one? What one is worth the money? (ALL of these are expensive to me, its just a matter of one is more expensive then the other!!)

Any advice is helpful!!

Thanks,

The pump that my local Napa sells is the same pump pump that Subaru sells. It is manufactured by Paraut for Subaru. Same goes for the water pump. Not all aftermarket pumps are made by Paraut and some are simply rebuilt, you definitely don't want either of those.

Looks like you can get one over at 1stSubaruParts for about a hundred bucks. Check them out, I've had good luck with them.

I can get you a Paraut oil pump for around $85 bucks. I would have to check my supplier to see if I can include the seals or if they would be extra. My normal price is $105 for the oil pump & seals.

This is pretty close to my cost, the only reason I would be willing to sell it is because I need to get my volume of parts up or I will be sent to another bracket and have to pay more per part.

Richie

richslaw@hotmail.com

SIR, Inc