Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is anyone else worried about the fuel consumption of Subarus and the fact that Subaru is adding more turbos to the line? I get 22 MPG now without the turbo, which I think is pretty good for 165 horses but when its time for a new car, Im afraid that gas will be too costly for me to own a Subaru, specifically a Legacy GT or a WRX.

Has anyone heard anything about a Subaru Hybrid? Even though I love my Legacy, that Accord Hybrid is looking pretty nice right now. And the Lexus RX 400 looks even better. Id hate to have to settle for another brand because I dont want 93 octane and 19 MPG. Honestly, how many could afford that at $3.50 a gallon?

...the whole thing sucks

I was at the dealer today for the 60,000 mile service on my Forester and I asked about hybrids. (BTW, the Tribeca is better looking in person.) Anyway, they said that "eventually" Subaru would "probably" make a hybrid, but that Subaru takes longer to research, develop, and make new additions to their line than other carmakers. How's that for a straight forward answer? :lol:

And the Lexus RX 400 looks even better. Id hate to have to settle for another brand because I dont want 93 octane and 19 MPG. Honestly, how many could afford that at $3.50 a gallon?

Are you implying that a $50k RX400 is affordable and $3.50 gas isn't?? ;)

I'm just kidding... I know what you mean about this trend. I'm considering buying a hybrid car now that this new energy bill looks like it will become law. I'm still trying to decipher this bill with its idiotic language, but it could mean a tax credit of up to $3400. (If anyone speaks "lawyer," I could use some help reading this bill).

if only the tribeca was a hybrid....

Is anyone else worried about the fuel consumption of Subarus and the fact that Subaru is adding more turbos to the line? I get 22 MPG now without the turbo, which I think is pretty good for 165 horses but when its time for a new car, Im afraid that gas will be too costly for me to own a Subaru, specifically a Legacy GT or a WRX.

Has anyone heard anything about a Subaru Hybrid? Even though I love my Legacy, that Accord Hybrid is looking pretty nice right now. And the Lexus RX 400 looks even better. Id hate to have to settle for another brand because I dont want 93 octane and 19 MPG. Honestly, how many could afford that at $3.50 a gallon?

...the whole thing sucks

Thats the price you have to pay if you want power and AWD.

If you dont need it, you can defenetly manage with 2 liter FWD car and save alot of money.

I own a MY96 legacy, FWD, 2.0 automatic. fuel consumption is 20MPG urban (lots fo traffic and short trips) and already achieved 33MPG inter-urban...

Remember, power (& AWD) costs...

:-)

my um... sources :)

say that the hybrid is coming

possibly as soon as the 2007 lineup

in the form of something very special (and dear to my heart)

but i dont wanna get too excited until i know for sure

but yes, it's coming :D

Jamie

The B9 Convertable? :-p

I have heard about this B9 Convertible. Or a roadster, is what I thought. Whatever the case, I would prefer something more pracitcal. I just think its sucks that the fully loaded models are all turbos now. Except for the Outbacks. Hmmm. I dont think a Legacy GT with an H6 would be bad.

And no I couldnt afford the RX400. But yes, the B9 Tribeca does look better in person.