Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

6 disc changer for 02 outback

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dirckdiggler

dirckdiggler

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • portland

Posted 17 September 2003 - 12:28 AM

My wife and I just purchased a used 02 Outback and would like to replace the radio and tape player with a cd or 6 disc changer. Our deck now is the single DIN opening with two openings (we use it for change, etc) below the stereo. I was wonder if I purchased a double din stereo like the link below on ebay if I will be able to basically do a plug and play like most people say. I would love just to swap it out and snap a new one in place without have to cut wires and attach everything up again. Thank you for your help advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=32815

Thanks,
Dirck

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,340 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:41 AM

I would think you should have no problem doing this with a unit from an '01 or '02 Outback.

#3 Crashton

Crashton

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Ohio

Posted 17 September 2003 - 04:23 PM

I believe that radio will fit just fine. There is a guy that goes by the name of Juice who posts on Edmund's all the time that has put one in his wifes Outback. I have the same radio in my Forester & it's great.

#4 electryc_monk

electryc_monk

Air-ride Airehead

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Denton, Tx

Posted 19 September 2003 - 12:00 AM

if you'll overlook the geeky computer phrase above its litterally a screwdriver only swap.

The wire connector for the 6 disc unit is the EXACT same. you'll have FAR Less need for imagination then i did for this:

http://www.geocities...adunit_mod.html

nuff said? Cool. Goforth and play well with others. :wave:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users