Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bay Area/NorCal USMB Meet! (gauging interest)

There are a couple failed subie clubs nearby.

Sacsubies.com is one of them.

Ive tried to start one called SierraSubies for some off-roading sube's in the area. Just 3 members so far (including me). Seems like trying to form a club is a waste of time, but im always down for a meet.

I'll be super busy with moving and whatnot... wont have alot of time until mid-september, maybe longer. I know of a few good places to meet up. Either in Sac or the bay area. Fairfield is a good place to meet, its in the center of us all.

-Brian

Yeah, I agree that it should be an old school meet, but I don't see any reason to count out Legacies. All the local meets seem to be Impreza only, so poor Legacy drivers never get any love. I'd really better get the GL running for this thing because if I don't have it, my only other mode of transportation is an Impreza. :-\

I'm pretty new to the area, so I'm not sure where to hold this get together. When I lived in Colorado, we had a USMB meet at a restaurant and all sat around and talked for a while. It was a lot of fun, and way better than just standing around in a parking lot. It seems like a lot of the members are scattered around, so perhaps we should have the meet somewhere between Sacramento and the Bay Area. I'm not really sure where that'd put us...Vacaville? I dunno. I need you guys to help me brainstorm.

Let's shoot for about 3 weeks from now on a Sunday so almost everyone can make it. August 28th will give us enough time to plan and give everyone some advance notice.

Edit:

1986 GL-10 sedan. Doesn't run.

Maybe some locals can get together, we can all meet up and catch a bite or something.

I would LOVE to meet up... but my subie wont be coming if its next week... hehe... i'm... "redoing" it right now. lol half of the engine is in the engine bay... the other half is infront of the corvette and in the trunk. lol

I'd be down for comming to a meet. in the latter part of Aug or even Sept. Would be driving the 86 gl-10 in sig. Now that I am in Chico, Sac and the bay area is not that far away, and it will be one last Ha rawwww before school starts up. I will keep a lookout on this tread.

:banana:Hey ALL ?? Ever come wheeling up NORTH ?? Lots of places to go in this country 2 :D B.C. and Alberta fans lets gets our wheels rolling ???? If anyone knows of a Meet & Greet in our area please POST IT. We'll be there before you all. :cool:

~ Dale & Joan

Shout out from So Cali.....

What about a meet at Pismo Beach/Oceana Dunes ORV????

It's about 4 hours from the Bay Area and about 3.5 hours from Los Angeles?

Renaissanceman lives in the area. It hink there are a couple of other members in between?

Camping on the beach and some wheeling at the dunes?

Will bring bbq and my wife's delicious ribs... (ohh wait I have to ask her first):grin:

BW