Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Justification for lifting your Subaru

Andyjo

So my forester struts came in the mail today, and I've been questioned many times about why i want to lift my Subaru, most of these times it's been from the girlfriend.. i finnally figured out WHY, exactly, i need to lift it...

my simple reply is now: "So you don't bash your face/skull on my Thule bars anymore :rolleyes:" (yeah, it's happened.. more than once..)

Anyone else have amusing justification for lifting your roo' ?

something like "the guys on USMB told me to!" :drunk:

I lifted my suby for several reasons.

1. So if I hit a deer I wont knock it legs out from underneath it and send it right into the windshield killing me. Now that I'm taller I'll be safe, but my car will take more of the damage.

2. So I can finally go into the ruts and not get hung up on the body of my suby.

3. I offroad in areas where you need more clearance and bigger tires.

4. I've always wanted to go to an offroad event and show up the trucks in a family grocery wagon.

Offroad trail riding is my hobby I am most passionate about. Just so happens I like to do it in my Subaru :drunk:

Only time it gets hard to justify to my wife is when large amounts of money are involved. Thankfully my Subaru is just my ORV toy and I can 'put it on the shelf' so to speak when money is scarce. Buy things bit by bit untill I have what I need to make repairs or upgrade.

well it all started last december when i went wheeling with some guys from work, struts cranked up and the tallest 13" snow tires i could get. i was hooked. with help from the guys at work and some parts, i got it lifted (suspension only ) converted to 6 lugs and cut the fender wells for clearance and away i went. i've been wheeling at goat mtn., squaw mtn., wildcat mtn. and browns camp ohv park (all in oregon). so far.

My height 6'2", average height of rear hatch when open (unlifted) 5'11" , Nuff said! :drunk:

Reason #2. It's fargon awesome! :)

Reason #3. No one else in my area has one.

Reason #4. Did I mention the hatch doesn't open enuff for tall people?

Reason #5. Pennsylvania + Rural Area + Snow = Need a lifted Subaru to make deliveries.

Reason #6. HAHAHAHAHA!!! You got your truck stuck! I am going home now. (cept I did get stuck once now, but it's not lifted yet) :brow:

Reason #7. All the guys at the Sand and Gravel pit think it's so cool that they are looking for some of their own.

Reason #8. Hey look there goes Ryan. I would recognize that car anywhere. :grin:

Reason #9. Tall enuff to get over most stuff, light enuff to lift off the rest, and still enuff seats for you and 3 friends to trail ride together.

Reason #10. No more hitting my head on the dang hatch. :banghead:

it hasn't happened yet but i'd have to say...

1-no more dragging the belly against the deep snow an getting high centered.

2-to see the confused look on peoples faces :confused: and hear them say"you can do that to a subaru?"

3-nothing worse then hitting your head on the hatch.

I gotta throw it in for us desert rock crawlers... bashing your undercarriage on a big rock at stock height.. and then dragging all accross that rock.. and then bashing it again on your way out... just plain SUCKS...

Hear, hear!

...I'd started to think you'd died, Eli.

I gotta throw it in for us desert rock crawlers... bashing your undercarriage on a big rock at stock height.. and then dragging all accross that rock.. and then bashing it again on your way out... just plain SUCKS...

Ain't that the truth!