Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Subie in ORA mag!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Roundeye

Roundeye

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LA (Lower Alabama)

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:09 PM

O.K., so it's my car and it's just in the "letters and stuff" section, but hey....it's a Subaru in an off-road mag! And no dumb comments follow it. Hats off to Off Road Adventures.http://www.4wheelpar...7d-letters.html

#2 subynut

subynut

EJ Powa!

• Gold Subscribers
  • 1,387 posts
  • Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:23 PM

YEAH! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

#3 felipe01forester

felipe01forester

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Boston,

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:34 PM

Finally getting our right place in the off-road world! :headbang:

#4 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:50 PM

thats kool, i ve been thinking of putting my car in the letters section of a mag for quite a while now.:)

#5 Andyjo

Andyjo

I'm Not Austin!

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Windham NH

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:04 PM

Sweet! now the world will know to look out when they're off-roading! the Subaru's will lap you!

#6 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:56 PM

Never heard of this mag, i think i'll need a subscription.

-Brian

#7 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:22 PM

It's a free mag when you by parts from them. I think you can subscribe for free though.

http://www.4wheelpar...m/4wp/index.asp

#8 Jibs

Jibs

Wonder Triplets Activate

• Members
  • 1,720 posts
  • Reno

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:37 PM

That's cool man! Good Job, I like that pic as well, makes us soob guys look good!

#9 Brumby Boy

Brumby Boy

ozzy subaru nut

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • Tsvl, QLD, Australia

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:39 AM

All we need now is for someone, anyone to get a full article!! :drunk: :grin:

#10 Roundeye

Roundeye

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LA (Lower Alabama)

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:57 PM

All we need now is for someone, anyone to get a full article!! :drunk: :grin:

Now THAT would be cool. Most mags that cater to big truck and Jeeps would have added a mindless comment then brag about how loud their V8 is......ORA is different. They focus on OFF-ROADING. Not tire size or number of cylinders. Off Road Adventures is owned by 4WD Hardware, a major off-road vehicle parts suppier/modifier.

Notice they published the fact that I used OZified lift and Toyota rims. None of which they sell. They do not offer parts for Subarus. Yet they printed my letter and showed my wagon. THAT is true class.

I have ordered alot of Jeep parts from them in the past and will likely order some Cherokee parts from them in the near future. I did some measurements and found out that a Cherokee is almost the same size as a Subie wagon. Aftermarket bumpers, roof racks and some body armor for Cherokees can be made to fit a Subaru.

I want a Rockcrusher front bumper with stinger and winch mount, winch and roof rack. Cherokee parts will fit the bill.

#11 RavenTBK

RavenTBK

Professional Auto Thief

• Members
  • 661 posts
  • Apalachicola Natl Forest

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:02 PM

I attempted a submission back in January. Probably didnt make it past the editors circular file..

Seeing you made it through, I should snap some more pics and send em in. If enough of us "show our asses", it might poke and prod them into looking at carrying a small array of subie parts once they realize just how many of us there are.

I'm still waiting for an OX Locker for the R160/180/200. ;)

#12 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,149 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:58 PM

cool. good sized pic too. I got my copy in the mail today....

#13 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:29 PM

I attempted a submission back in January. Probably didnt make it past the editors circular file..

Seeing you made it through, I should snap some more pics and send em in. If enough of us "show our asses", it might poke and prod them into looking at carrying a small array of subie parts once they realize just how many of us there are.

I'm still waiting for an OX Locker for the R160/180/200. ;)

i agree with this

#14 wb 86

wb 86

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • b-burg VA

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:45 PM

Just got my copy today and was blown away, a great pic IMO. The fact they took the time to print it and give it a spot in the mag is a sign to how broad the mag is. As stated earlier they generally do an excellent job of covering "off-road" topics rather than specific rigs. The mag usually has a section covering ATVs, dirt bikes, and boats as well. A few months ago their cover vehicle was an Isuzu Amigo and they did a nice write up on the owner and his rig. (My first love is my 86 Trooper LWB) and prior to that I had a difficult time finding anything remotely related to Zus. Now Subes are getting some attention and perhaps the playing field will be a bit more level. Not that Jeeps, GMs, etc., are bad but most of us have seen them before and personally I feel its time for a positve change. I enjoy all rigs from a base Wrangler to a worked Nissan Patrol but we Subes need some more positive attention such as this article. My only hope is that ORA won't be getting a lot of "hate" mail for running that letter.

Craig

#15 4x4moose

4x4moose

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Wenatchee the snatch

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:16 PM

yeah my brother showed me the pic today, i had remembered that he said he saw a suby in an offroad mag, he hasn't really seen a suby with a lift and some tsl's, he said it looks bad rump roast and now i'm trying to find him another suby. i think this whole suby thing is additive.

#16 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:14 PM

Another way to positivly represent Subarus to others is getting involved with clubs and events. Joining a responsible club promotes responsible offroading. Promoting a positive image makes it easier to maintain our rich history to legal trails. However we can't keep or gain any new trails if we don't get involved :)

I know most people I've met and wheel'd with love the Subaru. The fact you are out there on the trails with all the big, expensive, rigs is half of it. Then they get inerested and ask questions. A lot of the fun in offroading is talking to others, seeing how they setup their ORV, and helping eachother out on the trail.

#17 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

Attack of the madaxeman..

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:29 AM

O.K., so it's my car and it's just in the "letters and stuff" section, but hey....it's a Subaru in an off-road mag! And no dumb comments follow it. Hats off to Off Road Adventures.http://www.4wheelpar...7d-letters.html

That is awesome!! a very sensible article too!

#18 Roundeye

Roundeye

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LA (Lower Alabama)

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:46 PM

I'm still in shock. I can't believe it every time I look at that page. I just sent them another letter congratulating them on their professionalism.

The best thing everyone here can do is the same. Send them a letter or e-mail and let them know how many of us are out here and how cool that was of them to show a Subaru in their magazine. Better yet, request a 4 Wheel Drive Hardware catalog and support them. Many Cherokee parts can be made to fit a Subaru and lots of accessories like lights, winches, recovery gear and tires can be used on Subies.

I think I got our foot in the door, now we need to break it down and get an article. An excellent way to do that is to attend a trail ride where they will be. The off-road scene sucks around here so I can't do much in that department, but if anyone lives near Moab, Badlands, Rubicon, Tellico or the like should hit those trails and be seen!

Let people know that these are NOT your Father's Subarus!:headbang:

#19 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:55 PM

do you know what there email is? i will send them a email. the more people that send, they will soon realize how many of us there is.:)

"edit" got there email adress and sent them a email "end edit"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users