- Soft brake pedal: takes a few inches of travel to start grabbing. I've stomped on the brakes, bringing the pedal rather close to the floor, and while it does seem to stop the car fairly quickly, I couldn't feel the ABS kick in and I sure didn't lock up the tires.
- High pitched rubbing/grinding noise: didn't hear it at all for the first couple weeks. Occasionally heard it intermittently about two weeks ago, and it's gotten progressively worse since then. Only occurs when I'm off the brakes, disappears once I lightly press the brake pedal. Seems to occur intermittently when I'm turning, too.
- Car drops off speed fairly quickly once I lay off the gas. I need to compare this against my '97 OBW, to figure out whether it's something with the brakes or just me not being used to the AWD system.
- Stopped at an intersection, on the brake. Let off the brake, and the car just starts creeping forward, not as quickly as I'm used to in previous cars.
- Doesn't seem to pull to one side or the other under braking nor cruise.
- Did the quick test for the brake booster that was listed in the owner's manual and online, and it passed.
I'm going to pull each tire off tomorrow, and get a good look at each set of brakes... pad wear, rotor thickness, make sure the wear tabs aren't hitting, etc. Anything else I ought to be looking at while I'm there?