Ultimate Subaru Message Board

not getting fire to the plugs

molokai

I have an 82 brat that will not get fire to the plugs...I'v replaced the plugs, wirers, coil, cap and battery, but still no go:banghead: . . Is there a bypass for the clutch? i seem to remember that I had to hold the clutch in to start the car, could that be the problem? is there a way to bypass the switch? any help wuold be greatly appreciated.

Its not a neutral safety switch.. Don't think yours has it.. Are you getting power to the coil?.. To the dist?

I know E82S have that silly little screw that comes out, causing the rotor to not turn with the disty.. do EA81s also have that ? something to check into

When you replaced the disty cap did you replace the rotor as well? Also, are the wires hooked up (The ones connected to the disty?) Did it ever run since you have had it? Does it crank? Make sure the coil wires are connected and correct. Is there any cracks in the wires themselves? Look real hard after you ensure that everything is hooked up and hooked up correctly. Sounds like something stupid. This should get you started. Boz