not just a face a mother can love

this is a bad arse little car! :D

photos: *click here for all of the pix

a handful of photos:

Grill/front shot:

2006impreza-070.jpg

new Tail lights:

2006impreza-taillight3.jpg

car has new hood, splitters, side skirts, 17" wheels, more horsepower, emblems...

loads of changes :)

enjoy the photos

(wrx and sti have yet to arrive. i will post when they do!)

cheers

Jamie

It's definitely grown on me since I first saw it, and I suppose the bugeye was the same way. I don't like the clear rear tails though. I see too many 88 Honda Accords with e-bay altezzas.

A few things I'll mention about it is that the WRX will be a 2.5l, it has 4-pot front and 2-pot rear brakes, and I've heard things about a barebones TR that may have a 6-speed. That video I saw somewhere with the two Spec-Cs with WRC decals tearing around a wet course was pretty awesome, too.

I'll be the dissenting voice.

The emperor has no clothes. The car looks like crap. 10 years from now that grill will be regarded as THE WORST design exercise ever done by Subaru.

Apparently it was also impossible to not hop aboad the "jumble of reflectors" tailamp trend. Two words: Factory rice.

In summary: the styling is gimicky and forced rather than natural and flowing.

In case no one has been paying attention, this styling direction ("ugliture") plus novel repair paradigms (like offering up bar's leak instead of a genuine repair) are the same mistakes made by GM for successive years prior to their arriving at junk-bond status.

^^^^^ AMEN brother (could not have said it better).... also it isn't anything against anyones prefrence but i absolutely hate clear tail lights.

I think I dislike the tail lights the most - I think the front looks kinda like a stylized samurai warrior's face. Moreso than a airplane anyway.

Still, they could've done just about anything to it and I'd still buying one I guess.

Where else shold I shop for a 'sport wagon'? Some of you guys already have yours. I'm driving a '96 Dodge Avenger 4cyl. !

Carl

Subaru has B-9'd (Trebecasized) everything they make now! :banghead:

It all started with that ugly B-9 roadster grill.

Are they trying to copy Dodge and use the same ugly grill on everything they make?

Bad Subaru!

Go back to the drawing board...and write "I will design a better grill" 100 times :-p

Well, I weigh in on the 'B' series with BLeccccchhh! I agree that GM is killing Subaru. They musta trasferred the styllists responsible for the Pontic Azpuke.

I don't remember which, Car & Driver or Road & Track, has termed the new Subaru grille as the 'SNOUT', fitting IMHO.

I think the bugeyes were the best style of the lot, at least they had a practical look, if a tad 'quirky, but hey so was the Original AH Sprite.

The ricer taillights ... Puhleeeeze!

i would think you could order one NOW

wrx's could arrive any day

as could the STi's

"August" was all i was told

I'll keep my camera handy ;)

Jamie

OMG you're right!

Ryan at Teape Subaru said the price sheets are coming outta the fax machine today!

Aspen white '06 WRX wagon here I come!

Carl

I think the bugeyes were the best style of the lot, at least they had a practical look, if a tad 'quirky, but hey so was the Original AH Sprite.

Even the bugeyes look kinda ugly to me, and I own one.

IMO the original Impreza had the nicest lines of all, fortunately I own one of those too.

Jamie & Carl, please dont regard my my dislike for the new car as a dislike of either of you. :)

my verdict? i like it. i like it a lot

not just a face a mother can love

this is a bad arse little car! :D

photos: *click here for all of the pix

a handful of photos:

Grill/front shot:

new Tail lights:

car has new hood, splitters, side skirts, 17" wheels, more horsepower, emblems...

loads of changes :)

enjoy the photos

(wrx and sti have yet to arrive. i will post when they do!)

cheers

Jamie

two words...err...one word....whatever: Deawoo

06= rally pig face impreza. FWIW, I don't like bugeyes either. My recently traded blobeye i thought looked sexy but I traded it for a gen 1 (which I have heard reffered to as the camry look)

Hows this:

RS= pig face

WRX= rally pig face

STI= screaming rally pig face

Actually i think if the top of the grille was flush with the hood (not the small indent) it might look bettAr. Also I think on the silver car it looks bettAr too. I'm not much of a fan of red...:-\ oh noooooossssss!!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!!

OK, I'll weigh in on this too. I kinda like the front end of the Impreza, but not the rear (also do not like clear taillights). As for "Factory Rice", they did that with the STI last year at least. That monstrous rear wing is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen on a production car. The plain WRX was OK, though. I will never own either of these, however. I hate to see potential wasted, and if I drove either of these cars to thier potential, I'd be in jail toot sweet :brow: .

So I'll stick with my Legacies for now. I'm happy enough with the 13 year old one I have, and will not be "upgrading" any time soon. . .

OK, I'll weigh in on this too. I kinda like the front end of the Impreza, but not the rear (also do not like clear taillights). As for "Factory Rice", they did that with the STI last year at least. That monstrous rear wing is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen on a production car. The plain WRX was OK, though. I will never own either of these, however. I hate to see potential wasted, and if I drove either of these cars to thier potential, I'd be in jail toot sweet :brow: .

So I'll stick with my Legacies for now. I'm happy enough with the 13 year old one I have, and will not be "upgrading" any time soon. . .

Honestly, it's more car than I will ever be able to take advantage of.(I MAY take a driving school - more like a dream hah!) but I have an inheritance and am driving a car I don't care for. So, my 2 favorite cars I ever owned were an '81 Civic wagon and a '69 Datsun 2000 convertible. So, I really like the idea of having a 'sport wagon' and can't any reason not to make it a Subaru. I figure there's no reason not to drive what I want. I COULD get something smaller, or a truck, or lots of other things. I just want a WRX wagon.

Carl