Ultimate Subaru Message Board

every once in awhile my idle drops and my car tries to die. it jumps back up before the car dies, but it kinda bugs me...... any ideas? its a 90 legacy wagon, with a manual, and a weapon r intake setup..... it has been going on for a while, even before the intake was installed, but more often now that the intake is on.... im stuck here, im outta ideas.....

I would guess it's your MAF. IIRC the weapon R intakes are oiled cloth filters. If you had a questionable MAF to begin with a freshly/over oiled filter could be agrivating it. I don't know how many u-pull it junk yards you have around, but I'd try grabbing one at a yard and swapping it in. I believe you can only get one from a 90 or 91 though.

Keith

thanks for your imput guys, i'll try both of em.... where is the idle control valve located?

Right next to the throttle body. Find a one inch diameter hose that comes from the main air duct, it connects to it. I would be more precise but I know your model year does'nt have an IAC valve identical to mine.