Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OK, I KNOW that there is no gurantees with any security device. But, I think I'd like to buy a 'club' type steering wheel lock - for extra deterrence. I just like the idea that, perhaps, someone looking for an easy target might bypass my car if they see the steering wheel lock on. I know they can be picked in 15 seconds or the wheel cut through etc. Just want a little xtra - ya know?

any recomendations for my '06 I'll get in a few weeks?

Carl

The more recent ones are hard to pick. They usually cut the steering wheel.

Mine is the "fork" type. One steel finger on each side of the steering wheel arms. So they have to cut at least at two different places and since those "fingers" are real close to the steering wheel arms, its not very easy. Like you said, reason enough maybe to skip your car and steal the nice red Honda next to it :grin:.

I carry one around just for those occasions when I have to park it someplace I am worried about, or during extended periods of parking lot time. I know it won't do me any good under the cargo floor, but it is comforting to know I have one extra piece of protection when I feel it necessary.