Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 99 Outback that I need to get some work done on - oil leak, timing belt, etc. I'm looking for a mechanic in the east bay, preferably in the Concord / Walnut Creek area. Any suggestions? I asked around for a Sacramento mechanic but this would be just as close for me. Thanks everyone.

Hi,

If Pleasanton isn't out of your range, there is a pair of associated shops that are very good. One is called Autotron and the other is Precision Auto (I think). One specializes in Honda/Acura and the other in the rest of the Japanese lineup. Friends of mine have taken their vehicles there and come away impressed and very satisfied.

I know I had spoken to them on the phone about the torque bind issue on our previous car, a '96 Legacy Outback, and I thought they were honest and knowledgeable.

Regards,

Adnan

Hi,

If Pleasanton isn't out of your range, there is a pair of associated shops that are very good. One is called Autotron and the other is Precision Auto (I think). One specializes in Honda/Acura and the other in the rest of the Japanese lineup. Friends of mine have taken their vehicles there and come away impressed and very satisfied.

I know I had spoken to them on the phone about the torque bind issue on our previous car, a '96 Legacy Outback, and I thought they were honest and knowledgeable.

Regards,

Adnan

Yup, I agree with those shops being good.

When I lived in P'ton, my Acura was serviced esclusively by Precision (wish he wasn't so far from the Ranch). Excellent shop..but I don't think they really work on anything else (never thought to take my Subaru there).

About Autotron, my neighbor had a weird version of a Mazda pickup. He took it there, fixed him right up. I believe he takes his Toyota and his wife's Civic there too..he must like them, he keeps going back.

If I need real expert help with my Subaru, either Independent Auto in Sparks or Norm's in South Tahoe are great!

I have a 99 Outback that I need to get some work done on - oil leak, timing belt, etc. I'm looking for a mechanic in the east bay, preferably in the Concord / Walnut Creek area. Any suggestions? I asked around for a Sacramento mechanic but this would be just as close for me. Thanks everyone.

How do you feel about free-lance mechanics? I do work on Subarus as a means of "extra" income. None of what you mentioned seems anywhere close to out of my range. Send me a PM and we will talk. I live in the Delta Area (Antioch then go a bit east)