Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'87 GL-10 Wiper/Headlight issues

dave833

I have an '87 GL-10 wagon with intermittent wipers that don't work at all. I removed the combination switch and cleaned all the wiper switch contacts, and I've run battery current directly to the wiper motor and it works. The fuse is also good. Is there a wiper relay/delay unit I should check? Where is it located?

On the same car, the right headlight is much dimmer than the left. I've tried replacing the bulb and it doesn't make any difference in brightness. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I believe your wiring harness starts on the left side and moves forward to your left head light then to the right head light. Have you looked at the wires running between the left and the right side?:cornfuzz:

I found a lot of corrosion on my right side wiring under the general battery area (go figure). Several of my wires were not playing the electrical game:mad:

As for you wipers is your rear wiper fuse good? I somehow remember having trouble with my rear wiper and it effecting my front intermittant wipers. Maybe I'm up in the night?

Glenn,

82 Hatch, transforming......:temper:

01 Forester, jealous......... :madder: