Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It has begun....RX/II-Type R restoration

The parts car hath commeth apart! Tomorrow the rest ofthe front end will be stripped down and cut up...and the welding shall commence on the RX to peice it back together.

The new engine is on the engine stand now...and is awaiting build up....just gotta clean it up and bolt stuff on it.

Unfortunatly the downpipe (TWE from Folgers) didnt show up friday, so it wont be running until I get that downpipe...and I'll be waiting on a windsheild too.

But...its begun. Pics tomorrow!

Correction...it is legal.

BUT...in this class there is no weight min...but its not like I can reduce weight to counter the added weight of the cage, so I am not going to add 100~200 lbs of metal to the car for zero gains.

IF i were to Solo1/Time Trial/Time Attack the car...then I would need a Solo1 Roll bar, not a cage....and I would have it installed.

im not talking about puting a cage outside the car, but you could tie the cabin cage into thefront struts and the bumper to streingthen the chassis and increas rigidity. that and cages are just cool, besides, all you gotta do is add a couple more stickers to the car to make up for the added weight, four new stickers is what, 80+hp>?