Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Arrgh...stupidity strikes again.

I started to replace the carter-weber on my son's brat with a real weber today. I had picked up a manifold months ago to use for that. I pulled the old manifold off and prepared the replacement and it's about 1-1/2" shorter than the original! Anyone want a 1400 manifold? Free if you pick it up or I can deliver in Portland next weekend. A quick trip to PAP and we'll have the replacement on shortly.

I started to replace the carter-weber on my son's brat with a real weber today. I had picked up a manifold months ago to use for that. I pulled the old manifold off and prepared the replacement and it's about 1-1/2" shorter than the original! Anyone want a 1400 manifold? Free if you pick it up or I can deliver in Portland next weekend. A quick trip to PAP and we'll have the replacement on shortly.

You will be using the EA82 manifold, I hope?

I have a fine EA82 manifold (thanks Jerry) but am saving it for MY car. This Brat is an interim ride for me until my Brat migrates back from Bozeman (thanks tailgatewagon) and my son plans on selling it before the end of the year.

You will be using the EA82 manifold, I hope?

Actually I didn't; I was real pleased with myself since I was making fine progress. Then I placed the manifold which was all cleaned up and preprepped on the engine block! I was ticked to say the least; I really smarter than that.

At least you realized it before you had things all torn down... or did you?