Ultimate Subaru Message Board

UN-STICKY : East Coast Meet 10/25/03

Getting stuck in a huge puddle and having to get pulled out by a touring wagon and then having to pull the drain plugs to empty out the gallons of water would stink. I wish I had a winch, but I still have my trusty come-along......and somemore straps....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a good sailor? Maybe a tug boat captain. pulled my tug out of the pond. That's a good idea, should I hook one to the front and the back? I'll call one of my old army buddies and get my hatch ready to be sling loaded under a Blackhawk just in case your idea doesn't work.

haha

i was wondering what that smell was - and if it had anything to with dumping the clutch at 5 grand.

it sucks that the RX wont make this trip, im kinda wishing i could bring it but by the time the meet rolls around itll have expired stickers on it and itll no longer be insured until i fix somethings...

but ill have the XT with me, the Xpert came by work today and saw it.

Looks like you need to put a "Maybe" next to my name. Great Northern Woods Club rally is that weekend and if our rally car is back together in time I'll have to be there. Won't really know until the week before.

I will however take this moment to let everyone know that there is a TSD rally held on a lot of the same roads driven for the meet, on Nov. 22nd. I WILL be there for that!

Rock On! :headbang:

Keith

maybe this time i'll acctually be able to come, bring the ole wagon.. would have to ride tho, don't think my 2wd would get very far :lol: well it might get pretty far down in the sand...

gonna tell my wife to take off that saturday.. if she can get it off then we'll come.. maybe i can buy svxperts hatch before hand..

i'll let ya'll know closer to the date if i'm gonna make it for sure or not..

i could always bring the ole ford and be rdy to pull ya all out when ya get stuck :P of course if it got stuck it'd take 3 soobs to pull it out :lol:

Is anyone thinking they are brave enough to try camping?

from

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/wharton.html

Here is a bit of copy

Wharton State Forest is the largest single tract of land within the New Jersey State Park System. (and home of the fabled "Jersey Devil .ed)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camping

Atsion campsites: 50 tent and trailer sites with fire rings and picnic tables. Potable water, flush toilets and showers are within walking distance. Ground fires are not permitted during the day. Trailer sanitary station open March 1 through November 30. Campsites open April 1 through December 31. Fees.

Wilderness campsites: (group, individual, and family) Bodine Field, Hawkins Bridge, Batona Campsite, Mullica River Wilderness Campsite, and Goshen Pond have hand pumps for water and pit toilets. Buttonwood Hill and Lower Forge sites have no water. Mullica River and Lower Forge are wilderness sites, access by hiking, canoeing or by horseback; motor vehicles are not permitted. All other areas are accessible by motor vehicles. Ground fires not permitted during the day. Campsite capacities vary from 50-250 persons. Fees.

Cabins: Six furnished cabins with screened porch, fireplace, refrigerator, hot and cold running water; bathroom with toilet and shower; 2 bunks. Accommodates 4 people. Two cabins are designed for people with disabilities and each accommodates 6 people. One cabin accommodates 8 people. Cabins are located on Atsion Lake. Open April 1 through October 31. Fees.

Does anyone use any kind of Radio comunication during these runs? CB or Walkie Talkie? I have both and they're comin' to the Barrens. I have a 40 ch CB mounted in the armrest and 2 wrist watch 2-way radios(very James Bond a.k.a I'm a dork) w\1 mile range. Just checking to see if I'lle the only dork there.

But not everyone has radio's, If you coming with your's I'll make sure I get my CB back in my car. Some people might even have FSM radios, I have a couple so if anyone has those types we can all keep in touch. Good idea.....I guess I really need to have one so when I get STUCK I can call for Dave and Paul to come save the day......:rolleyes:

alright, not gonna make it to PB this time around, maybe next time... its like a 600 mile round trip for me, and the hatch isn't up to it again.. yet...

would have to stay a night in a motel if we did come anways...

next time around you all will see the hatch in an all new form :banana:

hadda take the light bar off, its illegal in VA :banghead: cop stopped me and of course i :argue:

ahh well..