Ultimate Subaru Message Board

UN-STICKY : East Coast Meet 10/25/03

Boz,we ALL have road/street tires.Only the local hatch guys use those mud paddles and we can't figure out why since it's 99% packed sand and they still get stuck.

So IF you make it you'll need a front axle for a Brat??If true answer yes.....if not true answer just what in the Devil's backyard you need.I think I have EA81 axles in my place.

I want a shrimp cocktail,lobster and good beer for lunch.My son will want chicken based items,like all kids,or a hamburger.Just kiddin'....see you there and we'll hook you up if you need it.If anyone has the tool for the axles please bring it along.All this just to get another guy out there.......Boz,we haven't even met you yet....you better be worth all this.:grin::lol:

Helpful household tip:Get her a gift certificate at a beauty/health place for a massage,mudbath,or whatever the hell them wimmenz like these days.As long as it doesn't include batteries you'll be welcome home after doing just about anything.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might very remotely be able to make it. I have to be back by noon Sunday for my sons football game. My car is currently in what could best be described as "sadly neglected" shape.

RF Axle is toast. Rear driveshaft. Bad tie rod end. Runs crappy. Ugliest fender cutting job on planet. mismatched panels,,,etc, etc. Oh yea,,, tires getting very bald. Just a few problems. Hey,,,this could be fun :) Nobody is allowed to laugh. This car gets 20K + a year along with offroading and rallx, tsd rally playtime.

coolest_sobe_1_1.jpg

coolest_sube_3_1.jpg

Convoy. "A military formation aimed at getting the highest number of vehicles to the same point in the slowest possible fashion" I think we should aim for something a little more unique. Maybe for the return we can stage something like the evacuation of Dunkirk? All the broken Subes being towed home by their brethren. Wounded Doughboys hanging out of the back of a Brat for dramatic effect. Something stoicly British playing in the background...like the Sex Pistols :D I will of course be the tail end Charlie as my rig spits noxious crap under heavy loads.

:wave:

not sure, depends on the weather. I ve been painting the house and I have to use all the good weather days for painting. I am trying also to do some things too my hatch before the meet, guess you could say I am as busy as a one-legged butt kicker at a county fair.

Here they are, I'll post the answers in a couple of days. I have an orginal subaru prize for the person who is attending the meet and answers the most questions.

(1) Name New Jersey's officaial state demon?(hint he is said to live in the PB's)

(2) How many gallons of water are in the Kirkwood-Cohansey aquuifer?

(3) How big is the Pine Barrens tree frog?

(4) How many acres comprise teh region referred to as the Pinlands?

I will have some more useful trivia about the official state demon in a couple of days, and of course more prize's......

Paul are you going to bring the prizes for other stuff like you did last time? You should start a list of differant things people would get prizes for....You did a good job of it last time.

I was think'n on my way home from work tonight, I have an 87 hatchback 2WD w/auto trans sitting at my place. I am going to pull the engine and afew other things off of it, however if anyone needs anything off of it let me know. I would be happy to pull some parts and bring them to the meet. As long as I can fit the parts in my hatch and whoever ask's for the parts takes them off my hands before we hit the trails. Just let me know what you guys might need and if its still on my parts hatch and I don't plan to use it its yours....

parts car info: 87 hatchback GL, auto tranny, blue in color interior is in ok shape not the greatest. 2WD, EA81.

I already pulled the headlights and grill, taillights, engine, rad are mine. I have other parts from ea81's, post a wish list if you NEED them and if I have them I'll bring them. Please only ask for what you need or are going to use, don't want to gather up these parts and then see someone selling them on e-bay next month.

See you guys in two weeks....dont forget to take a shot at the trivia questions...

your to smart for your own good, I picked these questions up at a Pinelands festival last weekend. These are from the people who would know, I am sure your right about the amount of water changing all the time. However I am going with the answer I have so, nanny nanny boo boo......:clap:

did a spin of the chuck-0-luck wheel (i.e. checked the weather) for the area

http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/local/USNJ0041?x=14&lswe=atison%2C+nj&lswa=WeatherLocalDriving&GO=GO&whatprefs=WeatherLocalDriving&y=12

from that spin it's lookin good

By the way the spelling of the town is Atsion, near Berlin NJ

Any other "overnighters" lookin to check out the Jersey Devil den?