Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did you actually see this on a vehicle, or just someone wrote them?

There was a recent question about this "code", and one of the regulars said that it is not a valid Subaru designation, but rather a "street racer" (well it was really a semi-slur) Nissan-like designation for an EJ20 DOHC twin-turbo. This would be a JDM or right-hand-drive-market engine.

Yea, it is a jdm engine. Any experience with them and/or retro-fitting one in to a us made sub? seems like a good deal but I am skeptical about it. I really what to keep complications to a minimum.
These will not install into a left hand drive car without major modifications to the car, or engine, or both. They will install into a right hand drive car, it's a bolt up installation for the components, but a nightmare on re-wiring.

The "dett" comes from the idiot who listed it not knowing jack about the engine. It's not an SR20 or RB26 (Nissan engines not available in the US). EJ20tt isn't even correct. It's an EJ20, with twin turbos. And, like Dr RX said, no fit in LHD.

Now, get yourself an old postal wagon Legacy and you're in luck. I think that would be fun, although a bit pointless. There isn't really a benefit over a newer 2.0 single turbo block.