Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did any subes come with headlight washers?

Also the 87' LG models did; I have one of them here in New Zealand. Also I have that same problem, push the button and all there is, is a click

You need to find the relay that is clicking, then you can check for some voltages: One pin should have +12v when you push the switch and one should be grounded (these should be there since you can hear the relay click). Another should have +12v all the time, if not check for a blown fuse/bad wiring. If it does, check that when the relay clicks the fourth terminal gets +12v. If not, replace the relay. If it does, check for +12v at the pump when you push the button. Also check for ground on the other pump terminal. If both these there, you have a bad pump.

• 6 months later...
My '87.5 XT GL-10 Turbo FT4WD has them. Also, Aussie domestic upper-model wagons had them, I didn't see a single touring wagon in Australia that didn't have washers.

Hmmm I must be looking in the wrong places - I have never seen them. That's not to say we don't have them. Not much of a call for them in Australia.

Has anyone done a retro fit on a Loyale with parts from a Canadian car?

I bought an XT6 setup from a guy here in town a while ago and WAS going to install it on my wagon, but I decided to sell it intead. Basically you need a button of some sort to make it squirt, the hoses and nozzels, the fresh tank and its pumps. Its a dual pump tank that fits in the fender on EA82's Fits perfect in place of the normal tank that just washes the windshield. The guy that I bought it from had modified the buttons on the left side of the guage cluster (where the rear defrost button is) to include a squirter button over there too (among other cool things)

So yes its been retrofitted. Find an XT6 and grab away :clap: