Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What I really need to know is what to do with the wiring harness. It must lift up with the manifold...I can't see any other way. Need help with this one!!! Already have many boxes full of parts. Getting scared now. Also need to know...the evap canister vacuum lines don't look like they will clear the power steering lines when I lift up the manifold. Do I need to take the steering pump loose or can I tilt the manifold to clear the lines?

Also need to know...the evap canister vacuum lines don't look like they will clear the power steering lines when I lift up the manifold. Do I need to take the steering pump loose or can I tilt the manifold to clear the lines?

Why not just disconnect the vac lines at one end or at the other?

I did, but if you pull the manifold straight up, it doesn't clear the steering lines. Probably won't be a problem, just have to angle it a bit.

Real concern is wiring harness...pull with intake? I looks like I have to but wanted to check.

Been a while since I've pulled one on an EJ22...... Main wire harnesses unplug over by the battery. Fuel rail is seperate so injectors stay on the engine. TPS will stay with the intake mani. Same with IAC. Prolly have to unplug the stuff from charcoal canister.

I'd say unbolt it, lift it slightly and see what you get hung up on. Move on from there. Just go slow and don't force anything. If something has to unhook to remove the intake manifold it will have a logical connector that you unplug.