Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My Brat's new radio console...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:28 AM

I just whipped this up, looked at it, and saw how really cool it is! Figured it might inspire someone else....

What do you guys think of it?

http://usmb.net/gall...ctures/IMG_0508

It's made from an '80 radio console, a loyale deck, and a kenwood trim ring (got that at a local stereo shop for free, since I bought some speaks, he just threw it in).

GD

#2 gravelRX

gravelRX

Driven with both feet.

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • Roanoke, VA

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:32 AM

My favorite. Doesn't look like it's been cobbled together.

good job.

Jay

#3 JonOfScio

JonOfScio

OMGZ!!! HATCH ATTACK!

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • Corvallis, OR

Posted 19 September 2003 - 07:28 AM

oh, come on man. Throw a REAL stereo in there. ;)

#4 SubaRube

SubaRube

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • San Leandro, CA

Posted 19 September 2003 - 09:45 AM

That's a nice job. Looks like an actual upgrade from SOA. I'm going to do something similar with my GL soon.
Hope I can get mine to look that good. No HACK jobs for me.:D

#5 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:00 AM

Well - I may put a "real" deck in some day - just don't have the fundage right now. I was going to, but then I found this, and thought - what the heck, might as well. Got it in a $25 wheelbarrow load of parts from a JY, so it probably cost me $2 or something. Works good, and a heck of a lot easier to tune than that silly stock radio that came in them. Analog tuning is just plain dangerous at 85 MPH (yes - the Brat will do do 85 - that's cruising. It will do 95 if you want, but that's ticket space :brow: )

GD

#6 Sweet82

Sweet82

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:17 AM

That's how it should be done.

Someone InScabulated (similar to installed) mine with large power tools.:boohoo:

Glenn

#7 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,115 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 19 September 2003 - 10:23 PM

Got a speaker to replace my blown passenger dash one with??? :D Only being able to have the radio at 25% of its max volume or so makes for a boring drive in the Brat :(

#8 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,880 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:24 PM

nice stereo or not, its still a nice job on puttin it in. Maybe if I feel so inclinded I'll post a pic of my stereo in my wagon. I did a nice job it almost looks stock:brow:

#9 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 20 September 2003 - 12:34 AM

Actually, Flo - I do. I replaced mine with a 4x6" Blaupunkt. But I had to buy a set of the silly things, and only needed one. I can show you exactly how to install it too, since I already went through that. Give me $20 and it's yours. I paid $50 for the set, so I think that's probably a fair price. And you get to see how I installed mine as well. Wasn't hard, but had to do some dremel work to the speaker, and it's spacer gizmo.

GD

#10 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,115 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 20 September 2003 - 04:12 AM

If my speaker is indeed blown, and it sure sounds like it... I'll take it even though I am broke. I can cash in my change jar or something :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users