Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More info on timeserts wanted

Wurst carries them,that's who I got mine from.

Expensive,yes,but excellent.You'll not want a heli-coil again for exhaust studs,etc. where you may have to remove the stud/bolt in the future for repairs,etc..

Cost was borderline "no friggin way",I think I paid like $63 for a set plus shipping.Comes with a drill bit,tap,chamfer bit,insert tool and I think 5 inserts when you order the size for exhaust studs.

Pay more,but you get the best results.My experienced opinion.;)

Sorry Paul, not trying to beat you up for information not in evidence... just trying to provide a little more background to the first person from whom I heard about Timeserts. :) He had talked about the stripped stud hole in another thread. I figured that you would know for sure if the right Timesert kit was available.

Sorry Paul, not trying to beat you up for information not in evidence... just trying to provide a little more background to the first person from whom I heard about Timeserts. :) He had talked about the stripped stud hole in another thread. I figured that you would know for sure if the right Timesert kit was available.

No sweat,but I only click on about 5% of the posts out there these days.

Pat,I think I've held your tools hostage long enough.Sorry about that.I'll get them going either later this week or early next week.

Cheers