Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RallyCross Update with pics link

Yesterday's event was pretty cool. Actually pretty hot...warmest day I've seen in ages...if it didn't hit 100 degrees, it came pretty close. Also, no water truck was available for the event so the dust was pretty heavy. Pretty fast course with some nasty slow stuff thrown in to keep you honest. I left after my morning run so I don't have any real idea how our local group did. All the information I have is that XSNRG took first in PGT and I took a 2nd in Truck/SUV (lost by seconds to a Honda CR-V.....grrrrr.....my own fault since I overcooked the slow stuff and lost more time than I should have; just a plain lack of discipline on my part). Here are some photos:

http://www.pdxsports.com/photos/showindex.asp?folder=200508_RallyX

Traffic coming home was the pits yesterday. I usually leave the event around 6pm and get home at 10:30 or so. Yesterday, I left at 2pm and got home at 9pm!! Stop and go traffic on 26E; a fatal accident on I-5 caused a tremendous slowdown; stop and go from Chehalis north; stop and go from Olympia to Ft. Lewis; finally from there on, traffic was able to move at the speed limit.

I kept coming into the tight spots too fast; on my third run I was completely sideways at the bridge and took out one side of it....that's more cones than I've hit all year!

yeah it was hot...i had fun but dissapointing for me...i was trying to go way too fast and cones cost me to last in PGT.....i guess someones got to be at the bottom....

Nice picture Matt. Sounds like a good day.

OH MAN! I totally almost forgot. Big Thank You to who ever it was who randomly and anonymously paid for my entry fee! I know it was probably someone on the board sense they called me Matt Melon.

344720_95_full.jpg